The Rapadelta in colour and Sitojaure

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I dug out some more of my Lapland images ... I hope I do not start to bore you by now!

1: A third image of Gådoktjåhkkå with Namasj and Ridok in the foreground. Namasj actually used to be some sort of holy mountain for the Sami people. There are lots of sacrificial sites around. I actually camped pretty close to one ;)
4870.jpg

2: Looking into the Rapa delta from Skierffe
4894.jpg

3: Looking straight down from Skierffe (2000 ft drop!), the boulders down there have the size of houses and larger.
4975.jpg

4: Rapadalen again
4834.jpg

5: Rainbow over lake Sitojaure
5226.jpg

6: Sitojaure reflection, I actually took a rowing boat here to get across (almost 3 miles of rowing!).
5269.jpg

7: A short break from rowing ;)
5315.jpg

8: Sunset on Sitojaure
5348.jpg

9: Shortly after sunset.
5352.jpg

10: A change of colour some minutes later.
5356.jpg

11: This is the actual spot from where I took those images (next morning).
5426.jpg

Thanks Danir :)

Great series....looks like you had fun.....Great work.....you give me inspiration.....to get serious in landscape photography.

Thanks! I am preparing some fall colours to be posted tonight.

Too many beautiful images to comment separately! (But 2 and 10 are standouts for me)

Re the last shot...that's about what I'd pack for an overnight stay somewhere. :blushing:

"Alexxxxx, can you carry my paaaaaaaaack?"

(Guess this will discourage you from hiking the Inca trail with me.....)

Do you have these on a blog where people can follow your trek? Beautiful!! I have seen you web images, Nice!

You're afraid your Lapland photos could bore us?
You don't really mean that, do you?
You know photos like these cannot bore anyone (I say!). Too beautiful, too colourful, too interesting. Both the landscape as is as your photos as such! So there. I said it!

Looks like a fantastic place - do they do day trips there?

Great shots Alex!

Well, not that easy to get there, normally you have to drive to a tiny Sami settlement (in parts single track roads, dead end anyway), and from there it is about 2 days hiking to Rapadalen.

You can take a helicopter from the village, if you are willing to pay.

Or you take a helicopter from Kiruna, which has an airport which is connected with Stockholm and maybe other European cities. But from Kiruna that will be very expensive.

You have to organise all yourself normally and do the trip on your own, there is no real mass tourism up there ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back