The "Snoopy" or "Charlie-Brown-related"-avatar week is declared open!

<------ In dedication to my son Lucas who is trying to stop sucking his thumb :mrgreen:

Alison said:
<------ In deditaction to my son Lucas who is trying to stop sucking his thumb :mrgreen:

Lol, good ol' Linus! Tomorrow, in honor of my upcoming Grade 7 piano exam, I will have Schroder up there! :) Then Pig Pen.

One of my favourite quotes from Merry Christmas Charlie Brown:

"Despite my outward appearance, I shall try to run a neat inn"
PigPen, the Inn Keeper:mrgreen:

Linus is my favorite character but he has been taken it seems. I love the story behind "5 95472"...

555 "5" 95472 is a character in the comic strip Peanuts by Charles Schulz. He debuted in 1963, and continued to appear on and off until 1981. 5 has spiky hair and sometimes wears a shirt with the number five on it. 95472 is the family's "last name" (actually their ZIP code, which in real life corresponds to the ZIP code for Sebastopol, California). 5 has to keep telling his schoolteacher that the accent is on the 4.
As 5 once explained to Charlie Brown, his father, morose and hysterical over the preponderance of numbers in people's lives, had changed all of the family's names to numbers. Asked by Lucy if it was Mr. 95472's way of protesting, 5 replied that this was actually his father's way of "giving in." 5 also has two sisters named 3 and 4. ("Nice feminine names," in Charlie Brown's sarcastic estimation). It can be assumed that their parents are named 1 and 2.
3 and 4, two identical red-haired girls (not to be confused with the Little Red-Haired Girl), appeared in only a handful of comic strips, but they along with 5 appear as part of the cast of A Charlie Brown Christmas, although none have speaking roles.

tmpadmin said:
Linus is my favorite character but he has been taken it seems. I love the story behind "5 95472"...

555 "5" 95472 is a character in the comic stripPeanuts by Charles Schulz. He debuted in 1963, and continued to appear on and off until 1981. 5 has spiky hair and sometimes wears a shirt with the number five on it. 95472 is the family's "last name" (actually their ZIP code, which in real life corresponds to the ZIP code for Sebastopol, California). 5 has to keep telling his schoolteacher that the accent is on the 4.
As 5 once explained to Charlie Brown, his father, morose and hysterical over the preponderance of numbers in people's lives, had changed all of the family's names to numbers. Asked by Lucy if it was Mr. 95472's way of protesting, 5 replied that this was actually his father's way of "giving in." 5 also has two sisters named 3 and 4. ("Nice feminine names," in Charlie Brown's sarcastic estimation). It can be assumed that their parents are named 1 and 2.
3 and 4, two identical red-haired girls (not to be confused with the Little Red-Haired Girl), appeared in only a handful of comic strips, but they along with 5 appear as part of the cast of A Charlie Brown Christmas, although none have speaking roles.

:D Crazy! I didn't know they talked! Do they talk in the written cartoon book? Or in one of the episodes? I love imitating his dance at our school dances.

Today it's PigPen, tomorrow I think I will have Marci. She was pretty awesome.

Sir... :p

Most reactions

Back