The Weather

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by abraxas, Jan 7, 2009.

1. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Took me a minute to even understand what I was looking at....and I still can't look away.

Very interesting in an abstract way...partially because I expected a landscape from you and that altered how I perceived the image at first.

3. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's always about 2 seconds after I click "submit", but it probably would have been better named "Weather Abstract."

I like to think of the shot as two kinds of weather; the weathering of an old painted sign on a _____ and a painting, both by a painter and nature itself, of a storm rolling in over an oasis.

I had thought of calling it, "Another Man's Vision." The original artwork is maybe 40-60 years old, a somewhat commercial rendition of an oasis. About 10-15 years ago a Danish photographer took a very similar shot. The print had faded in the frame, but was still an impressive abstract. I came across the actual object about a month ago, but didn't shoot it. When I got home, I put the sign and photo together in my head- Unfortunately I was 120 miles away. I got out a week or so ago and took this shot. My version of a faded version of another man's faded vision. :raisedbrow:

The Weather is good.