There are some images, that you just can not

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... delete.
Having switched to Mac I am cleaning my photo debris before transferring decent images to my brand new shining MBP ( two weeks ago I had no idea what MBP means :) ) and sometimes I stumble upon an image that has to go to the trash bin, but there is something that does not let me push the button. This is a classic example.

Umrbellas_1000-0588.jpg

I am sure photographers with a well trained eye will notice something rather unusual about the image...

grasping at straws. looks like the depth is off in proportions. like the person on the bike and equipment to the right should be bigger compared to whatever that red thing is (trolley?)

Kinda looks like part of her bike is missing, although it's just an illusion. The bar behind her lines up with a line on the road and you don't notice the seat because it looks like part of the white bus behind her.

Other than that, the only other odd little detail I notice is the "This is general" right next to the front guy's head.

I like the graphic nature of the umbrellas, but I wish the rest of the picture were a bit less cluttered. This is an "almost" for me. I can see why it should be binned, but I also see what it could have been and what makes it hard to press the button.

Last edited:
Although there's two umbrellas in the image, I don't see any evidence of it raining. Nothing looks wet.

Although there's two umbrellas in the image, I don't see any evidence of it raining. Nothing looks wet.
through me off too. But i thought i saw something with the guys jacket, especially on the shoulder. Just figured it was a fast moving sun shower or something. Excellent observation though had me scratching my head too.

through me off too. But i thought i saw something with the guys jacket, especially on the shoulder. Just figured it was a fast moving sun shower or something. Excellent observation though had me scratching my head too.

There may be some drops showing on the mirrors of the white bus on the right (hidden by the column), but there's not enough detail to see if it's really rain or just the mirrors weathering/discoloring etc.

I thought the stone looked wet. But also, it's possible that it just starting raining and that's why umbrellas were being opened.

I am sure photographers with a well trained eye will notice something rather unusual about the image...
I'll take a stab at it.
If the girl on the bicycle was anywhere near the curb, she would have to be a miniature.

Yeah, the girl on the bike isn't in proportion to the white van (you see its edge to the right) and she appears to be behind/next to it.

I'll take a stab at it.
If the girl on the bicycle was anywhere near the curb, she would have to be a miniature.
hey, isn't that pretty much what i said? lol

Still an illusion, though. The picture is taken from a position higher than street level.

If this was in Ireland maybe she's a 21st century version of a mythical leprechaun, on a cell phone. (Or she got beamed in? the white 'van' is her spaceship??)

She seems out of proportion to the woman walking, who's almost at the edge of the curb and seems to be fairly close.

If this was in Ireland maybe she's a 21st century version of a mythical leprechaun, on a cell phone. (Or she got beamed in? the white 'van' is her spaceship??)

She seems out of proportion to the woman walking, who's almost at the edge of the curb and seems to be fairly close.

Yes, but I believe the woman with the umbrella is actually standing higher than the sidewalk/curb. There's a door on the left of the picture and then columns - clearly they are passing the front of a building that probably has a raised...whatever the word is - porch? stoop? landing? So that would put her at a higher level than the woman on the street. The perspective of the photo means we can't see the steps, but I bet there are two or three to sidewalk level.

Those coach busses are really tall, and remember that there are double-deckers in London (which is where I believe the OP is); the red one definitely looks like a double-decker. There's no way those two would be at the level of the second deck if they weren't on some sort of raised platform.

Jeez. You people really don't see it?

The girl on the bicycle is texting her friend wearing the tan coat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back