They’re baaaaack! Sharon’s hummingbird thread

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DW put up feeders a couple weeks ago. So far only a few have been around. Really enjoy sitting on the deck watching them.

Beautiful! First and last especially. I saw one do a recon mission on the back patio, so I've hung up my feeder. No visitors yet, though.

I like #1. They have just started buzzing our feeders.

Avery nice set, of beautiful little creatures....
Thanks! They are so beautiful. If I lived in Costa Rica or Ecuador I’d definitely be a birder!

DW put up feeders a couple weeks ago. So far only a few have been around. Really enjoy sitting on the deck watching them.
They are so interesting to watch. I’m fascinated- especially when they are interacting with each other.

Beautiful! First and last especially. I saw one do a recon mission on the back patio, so I've hung up my feeder. No visitors yet, though.
They do play it coy at the beginning! First few days I saw the feeder level decreasing but could not catch a glimpse. Now it’s been a few days and they are buzzing around while I’m a few feet away!

I like #1. They have just started buzzing our feeders.
Nice! Looking forward to your photos of them.

Great set! I love watching them.

I'm still waiting for them to show up in my yard - might move the feeder back out by the oriole feeder. I'm wondering if it's confusing because they are similar in design and both full of nectar. The orioles are coming in regularly.

Gorgeous shots!

Beautiful birds, you are lucky to have them there!

The color on this guy is amazing.

763598E2-3E3C-40D8-BC11-D002E7171EA1-25513-000004D74D4DE9CE.jpeg

Great job! My wife and I spend hours every year outside watching them. They are fascinating.
They really are amazing to watch!

Great set! I love watching them.

I'm still waiting for them to show up in my yard - might move the feeder back out by the oriole feeder. I'm wondering if it's confusing because they are similar in design and both full of nectar. The orioles are coming in regularly.
Thanks! I read somewhere not to out near any bird feeders but can’t recall the reasoning.

Gorgeous shots!
Thanks!

Beautiful birds, you are lucky to have them there!
Yes very lucky - I really enjoy watching them. They have let me get very close to the feeder the last few days. I might have to get one of those hand feeders and see if they’ll let me feed them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back