This Is It!

JackSellers16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 10 weeks off after my gcses and my photography journey hasn't yet propaly started for me ive just been shooting on and off ! But in the 10 weeks i am officialy going full out so i am wondering what i should practice first and then what next etc.

Spelling then grammar and once those two items are mastered I'd tackle sentence structure ;)

What are 'gcses'? It's hard to tell what someone should (and needs to) practice without an idea of where they are currently at.

gcses are GCSEs or even more correctly General Certificate of Secondary Education - a UK education achivement/exam setup that all students (who study at state and most private schools) have to take in their final year of compulsary eduction.

As for where to start the first thing is what are you going to take photos of and what do you have to take them with?

geeezz.. that is a little harsh!

geeezz.. that is a little harsh!

Have you read some of the posts on this site...not the non-english folks?

I only read some of them trying to figure out what the poster is attempting to say. Maybe it will lead to a job with the government...:mrgreen:

Firstly, I don't write on this website with the greatest care because to be totally honest, I couldn't give a F**K. I wanted advice on photography and not on my my "typing with great care" skills. :lmao:

Secondly I am a very beginner in photography.
Thirdly I will shoot anything really, I get enjoyment out of shooting most things.
I use a Lumix FZ38 by the way.

Last edited:
Yeah I understand that but what i'm trying to say is that this is just a forum website and what does the quality and structure of my writing matter on here ?:lol:

I'm sick of this abuse to be honest.:lol: Right, I do apologise and I will write more carefully next time. Now back to the post?:sexywink:

Any beginner should first read their camera manual, then read a photography book (it seems from the consensus on this forum that Understanding Exposure by Peterson is really well written), then read their manual again, take some pictures and post them on TPF for critiques, and read some more.

You're asking a supremely vague question and there won't be a clearly defined answer that you may be looking for. I again suggest you post some of your recent work and ask questions about those images.

And as far as your grammar and writing abilities; it may not have any bearing on this photography website but if others are having a hard time deciphering what you've written then how do you expect to get any comments?

" Firstly, I don't write on this website with the greatest care because to be totally honest, I couldn't give a F**K. "lol we could say the same about you asking advices.

Last edited:
And as far as your grammar and writing abilities; it may not have any bearing on this photography website but if others are having a hard time deciphering what you've written then how do you expect to get any comments?

I didnt wanted to reply but seeing all these comments makes me really wanna knock my head to the wall..:banghead: Seriously,whats so hard to "decipher" in his text??

Even I (non native english speaker) understood straight from beggining what the guy was talking about and all u Americans/British are failing big time to decrypt his 2 simple lines??????Its not ancient latin for gods shake...And its not even a literature forum,where someone would expect a formal/precise language..I do hope ppl in here realize its a public forum for everyone and not only english-first-language ppl...

And to get back to the important stuff which is or should be nothing but photography Im a newbie as well so all i can say is what ive been doing so far..Dont put very high standards to urself from the beggining,go for anything that could make an interesting capture,put ur imagination out there,take many shots from the same object work with different angles,play with different aparture,shutter speed,iso and see which one suits better each time..Just practise in overall thats the only way to get familiar with ur camera and eventually have progress :) Gl,hope ull have lot of inspiration!!

We all make typos but some make more than others. I figure if the person didn't take the time to look over what they have posted and make sure they have clearly stated their question, then why take the time to answer. I +1 indeedies original response. I'm sure the OP would have expected a reply he could understand. What if indeedies second response would have looked like this:

Any begner shouldfirt read the cams thing then read a book it seems from wat was sad on the forum that Understanding Exposure by Petersonis gooder than most then read their manuela again take pictures and post them on TPF for ppl and read some more.

Just sayin. BTW... Use of the F bomb is just another way to show ignorance.

Last edited:
And what if the person (not in this specific case) did read twice his post but he doesnt talk english that well to understand his mistacke??I believe what u wrote in ur quote is far more exagerrated than the 2 sentences of the OP.

BTW .. Use of irony/make fun is what..?..disdain perhaps??

I think some ppl should just get off their high horses..If I could understand what the OP wrote and im not english/american cant believe whats hard for them...

Most reactions

Back