This Mourning. You bird people will like this.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a Mourning Dove.
I sat for hours to get something like this. Yes in camo.
I have about 30 captures on this and haven't looked through them all just yet.
She was coming in for a drink. Never saw me.
I'm not really equipped for birding. Yet.
I need a Leica Lens. 100-400...................200-800 equivalent in Micro 4/3's.
It's coming. And Kirk will be in trouble. lol.

Truth is , I screwed this set up badly. Didn't zoom in and shot it at 210mm when I could have shot it at 420mm. This is the HIGHLIGHT of my mistakes. The worst mistake that I've made yet.
There is no going back and getting this again. No do-overs for this. And I have been kicking myself in the ass, since I discovered the mistake. I cannot believe that I am this stupid sometimes. There's no excuse for it , except , down right stupidity. And believe me , I'm not taking it well right now. This could have been a really really nice shot. But , oh no...........not for me. I will forever remember this day as the day I blew it in photography. I'm pissed off.

But yeah, anyway, this is a wild catch at the same place I got the snake image.
Hope you guys are all making it through the pandemic and my message finds you, well.
LS6

ISO 640
CTm3EyU.jpg

Last edited:
When a certain person with a Leica lens comes in for a pic I'll be waiting, laying low in camo. They'll never see me .... and no one will ever see a picture from that Leica. :gun: lol! You know I had to and you know I'm totally kidding, I wish you all the best with your camera and lenses. More than anything I like the colors of this bird and it's eyes are matching with the purplish tones.

Very nice picture. You are not alone. I was so excited to take certain pictures and after realized I could have zoomed in. Ugh! The other day I was using live view which I usually don’t. After I started packing up I looked at my daughter and told her I never even focused! Need to start wearing my glasses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back