"Those Eyes..."

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
untitled-75-Edit-2.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

I am more focused on her mouth and chin. I don't think this is particularly flattering to the model.

I am more focused on her mouth and chin. I don't think this is particularly flattering to the model.

Can You Please Explain How I Can Make A Similar Picture More Flattering The Next Time Out??? Thanks In Advance!!!

Not so close-up...seeing here pores doesn't do much for me...less head on, and more focused on the eyes (given the title) would help.

Yes, too close, too intimate in a bad way. I feel as if I'm intruding on her personal space or she in mine. The lighting is not flattering, you have bisected the face dividing it 50:50 light and dark. Grab a book on portraiture and there will be buckets of examples of pleasing light. If you're using natural light, the time of day and/or placement of subject per the light source will be a primary element in determining your success.

Why do you like this image? What was your thought process in the setup/capture/processing of the image. The slight smile gives off a genuine sweetness/kindness but it is overpowered by the literally in-your-face proximity of the image.

Shadows are a good thing ... but you have to see them, work with them, control them, master them.

Sample of natural lighting entering from a window:
A%20shirt-XL.jpg

The triangle of light under the eye is called Rembrandt Lighting. (Tri-X film, ASA 400)

Thank you both Bulldurham & Gary A, this thread has been a learning experience. I agree with you both specifically the in your face and/or intruding factor - next time I am at Barnes & Noble, I will look for a portraiture book. Again thank you both!

Enezdez

Most reactions

New Topics

Back