thoughts

Mondrian wasn't understood by the uneducated, untrained masses of his time either...the simple-minded always need direct, obvious, hit-them-over-the-head-repeatedly types of representational "art" (or kitsch) so that they feel 100 percent within their comfort zone.

Mondrian - Google Search
So you are saying this is awesome? That in years to come, this work will be hanging in museums, because he pushed the boundries of conventional thinking? Idiot savant? What?

Nice jab at most everyone here, though. :lmao:
Your claws are getting sharper.

Mondrian wasn't understood by the uneducated, untrained masses of his time either...the simple-minded always need direct, obvious, hit-them-over-the-head-repeatedly types of representational "art" (or kitsch) so that they feel 100 percent within their comfort zone.

Mondrian - Google Search
So you are saying this is awesome? That in years to come, this work will be hanging in museums, because he pushed the boundries of conventional thinking? Idiot savant? What?

What I am saying is that opinions on artwork carry very little weight when the opinions come from people who have absolutely zero training or education in the fine arts, or the visual arts. Do you have a MFA in any of the visual arts, dear Bitter one?

I ask because I do not know. I do however, know that you harbor a major hard-on for er111a, and you delight in picking on a high school junior. Big,tough man you are...your tireless put-downs of a kid are really wearing thin, as is your continued whining about having to post your masterworks in the beginner's gallery in order to get the strokes you so desperately crave from anonymous strangers....give it a rest Bitter one...pick on somebody who's graduated from high school,okay?

Hmm i can't decide if im being trolled here... sorry Er111a but im not even sure this belongs on a photography forum, let alone in this section... im confused and quite haunted by this.

Mondrian - Google Search

What I am saying is that opinions on artwork carry very little weight when the opinions come from people who have absolutely zero training or education in the fine arts, or the visual arts. Do you have a MFA in any of the visual arts, dear Bitter one?

Well, then you should just say that.

I was going for my MFA, I am well studied in visual art and sculpture, friend. I quit school because I had an opportunity to begin my career. I regret not getting that piece of paper, a little. As a working artist, with his own successful business, I can say that I made the right choice.

The question is now, if that little piece of paper matters that much to you.

I think he just sit's back and laughs at the pissing contests that seem to happen every time he starts one of these photoshop threads.

oh and lets keep it plesent guys, there's no need to compare epeens in this thread... it is already a car crash :p

Will you guys PLEASE stop defending this guy. Hes in highschool, hes not mentally handicapped. Let him speak up and defend himself. I don't think he really will, because I think he thrives off of this as well. He was vague several posts ago and saw the sh*tstorm that it caused, and yet he repeats it over and over. Just like he repeats the same mistakes over and over. Your advice is of little use as is your defense of him. When will everyone become hip to this kids game? Notice he hasn't even bothered to post to his own thread yet? It boggles my mind at some of the people that continue to defend him.

I think this is the nicest photo of the Windows screensaver I've ever seen.

:thumbup:

What I am saying is that opinions on artwork carry very little weight when the opinions come from people who have absolutely zero training or education in the fine arts, or the visual arts.
While I do not know you or how much training you have (I have absolutely zero visual arts training), I respectfully disagree with that statement.

I do however, have many years of musical training which I will use as a comparison. I would still never say that the opinion of someone who is not trained in music carries very little weight.

I believe that art, like music, is extremely subjective when it comes to observations (not technicalities). And that's how you experience art right? By observing it? In fact, music and art are probably THE most subjective "things" that exist.

I might present you with a piece by Beethoven or Bach that you and I both love and thoroughly enjoy. I might then present to you a piece by Steve Reich, a minimalist composer that you may listen to and think, "Is this guy out of his mind? This is music? More like trash." While I might listen and get much enjoyment from it.

I don't intent to be argumentative. I'm just sharing the way I see it.

Last edited:
My edit...

Most reactions

Back