Thunder Over MIchigan

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First day back on the forum since leaving for Detroit last Friday. Since I got back I have been busy at work and sick from some bad airshow food. I know what you are going to say Scott but the beer kept me healthy at Geneseo and my problem at Willow Run was I only had three beers over the weekend, not enough to kill the worms :roll:

Anyway, here are a few pics from the exciting weekend.

Grumman TBM Avenger torpedo bomber.
YAF_2004_002.jpg

Dawns early light, Grumman Wildcat
YAF_2004_018.jpg

Hellcat :twisted:
YAF_2004_019.jpg

Evening Corsair shot
YAF_2004_025.jpg

Thunderbolt silhouette
YAF_2004_038.jpg

Sepia T-Bolt
YAF_2004_034.jpg

After 51 years Everett Kennedy is seen back in the pilot's seat of a PBY Flying Boat
Blackcat2029.jpg

Hangin out the back of the PBY to get this shot 8)
Yak08.jpg

When smokin is cool. T-6 Dawn Patrol
YAF_2004_047.jpg

I could go on but I'm sure I boring most of you. This is what I live for. If you would like to see more images from the show you can visit this pagehttp://www.airic.ca/html/yankee_af_2004.html

Happy Landings,

Eric

Bored, hell. Great stuff. Let me know if you're going to by in airspace down my way. I've got a friend with a commercial rating that's dying to get back in the sky. 1, 4, and the last are my favorites. Photography and flight. Can you get a better combination?

Don't worry about boring me. I use to build model airplanes when I was young and one day I'm hoping to get a pilot's license. Anyway, your 4th one stands out for me.

The forth shot is amazing!!! Great work!!!

looks very professional...worthy of a maritime exhibition IMHO! :mrgreen:

Hey Scott, They don't party as much at Yankee as they do at Geneseo and I had my wife with me. I still had a 2-4 in the trunk just in case an pilots were loking for a cold one in the evening. As you can see by the first photo I met up with Terry Rush again. He was one of the guys that almost helped us close Club 41 at Geneseo. The big shows are all over for me now but I still have a visit to the Fighter Factory in a few weeks and a few fly-ins around Ontario.

Cheers,

Eric
8)

DUDE....to me they are like full on professional shots...
How did you do it...how did you get such great clean shots...your awesome...I wanna see more...Im goin to your site!

Great Job!

These are awesome shots! How fortunate you must be to have access to the skies! The only beef I have is your large logo. I would love to see these without it but I certainly understand your concern in doing so. Great work Sir! :cheer:

I have been shooting aircraft and airshows since I was nine. I started with a Practica and 50mm lens. About 15 yesr ago I started submitting articles and photos to airplane magazines and have not looked back. It is a weekend fun thing that I make some bucks at. I always want to keep it fun first. Keep the pilots happy with good photos and beer and your going to get the rides. Aviation photography is very excitig, frustrating and rewarding. You can only capture what the pilots present to you. We breif on the ground how I want them to fly but when we get in the air I have very little control over composing a shot. I have to predict a good shot comming up and capture it. Bad pilots, bad photos. Add to this the danger element, one wrong move and both aircraft crash with all on board. I will not do this with non airshow or formation rated pilots. Whan you have open hatchs or canopys on aircraft it requires your complete concentration. It is very easy to get caught up in capturing the images and forget how far you are leaning out to get it.

This is a photo my wife took of me during a photoshoot. I'm in a Cessna 172 with the door off. The seatbelts have a quick release that I duct tape so it will not pop open during the shoot. This is my X game :twisted:

Eric4_1_.jpg

Happy Landings,

Eric

Most reactions

Back