Tiffany: Four Shots From Today - C&C Requested

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, guys! Today, I had the opportunity to shoot a friend named Tiffany. We went to a handful of local spots, and ended up shooting for a couple of hours. C&C Requested (Composition, technical proficiency, posing, etc.)

3907990269_73529b0c84.jpg

3907990129_9fbca9cd8f.jpg

3907990319_87479bfb9b.jpg

3907990407_69f10965c7.jpg

I'm not qualified to suggest what you should do differently but #1 is the least flattering to the subject while #2 is the most flattering.

I'm not qualified to suggest what you should do differently but #1 is the least flattering to the subject while #2 is the most flattering.

It's funny you should say that. I actually like #1 the best!

I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the appearance of her head that doesn't seem quite right. I'm not saying that the shot is bad. I just think that it's the least of four good shots.

Of course, I bought a Rambler once so what do I know?

i dont know if shes tanned her face a lot more than the rest of her body, or maybe she just had a on a LOT of makeup on her face.. but, it looks really funny, because she has 2 different colored skin tones.. thats my biggest prob with the shots.. did you do something in post to her face, or is she just really bad with make up?

i dont know if shes tanned her face a lot more than the rest of her body, or maybe she just had a on a LOT of makeup on her face.. but, it looks really funny, because she has 2 different colored skin tones.. thats my biggest prob with the shots.. did you do something in post to her face, or is she just really bad with make up?

Heavy make-up. I was going to alter her face's tone to match better, but I didn't feel right doing so.

ahh.. as the photographer, you should have said something.. while she is a client, your job is make the photos look good, and big part of that, is making sure the client is posed good/looks good too.. wife my wife as my assistant, she always brings a large supply of makeup, lots of different tones and such, for instances just like this one

just a shot in the dark but to me, there isnt much contrast between the wall and her face. good shots nonetheless, far beyond myself.

side note, she kinda looks like a brunette Kristen Bell..

the problem with the color correction your doing on her face is, your can tell your doing color correction on her face..

I think you're going just a bit too far on your use of vignetting, which is causing color shifts on the corners of your photos. I looked at the web site, and the one cute photo of the baby in the back of a wooden-sided wagon for example has a lot of vignetting at the upper right corner, and I see the same here in shot 3.

On shot #1, the lightest and brightest area happens to be her hands. Like the old design adage, "light advances, dark recedes," the vignetting of the outer edge of frame 1 makes her hands "advance". Same with her brilliantly white teeth and very dark makeup...the contrast between her pearly whites and her dark,drawn-on eyebrows makes this set look very,well, unsettling to me. The attempt at retouching that somebody did, that brings her makeup tones more in line with her tanned arms looks better.

I can tell this woman has a vivacious personality, but as a photographic subject, her combination of characteristics makes these photos less than stellar as portfolio examples in my opinion. I hate to make a comment like that on-line, but it's how I feel. I also think that in the enlarged,retouched version of the swing set photo, the bokeh of the lens you were using looks very jarring, like it was shot with the 50/1.8, which has that 5-sided aperture and which gives a "vibrating" feeling to backgrounds that are outside the depth of field zone.

I am going to throw out possibly another 'problem'. It appears you are underexposing and that really sews your colour information when you try pulling it up and even colour correcting. Her facial skin tones are definitely darker and flat (either tanning or bad foundation choice. I am going on the second). But yes, I think alot of this can be attributed to underexposing so you might want to just work on that a wee bit :)

I think you did a great job posing and you know what, I find three to be the most flattering but.. I don't really see any that 'aren't flattering' she is a gorgeous girl!

Good work overall for sure :)

Most reactions

Back