Too much grain

Prefer liquid concentrates but post office does not.
???
Get the stuff from Freestyle, they use UPS.
BTW HP5+ grain is extremely hard to tame. It has it's applications, but not maybe in landscape.
It just has to be shipped on the ground, since it's classified ORM-D.

I really don't understand why some retailers won't do it. B&H's refusal to ship ORM-D items is why all of my film/chemistry business goes to Freestyle.

Happy with HP5 and preferred it over TMax 400 when TriX became scarce few years back. Up until last year was using ID11 1:3. Couple of 35 mm scans dust and all from a Vito IIa with no pp, squash leaves in sun, tangled woods in shade.

Supply hit and miss. Calgary (1 3/4 hr away) expensive. Last stuff from Calumet. Will try Freestyle and B&H.

$VV009.jpg $VV017.jpg

Haven't done anything with these as this was a camera test roll.

The mess at the start of this thread is a new one on me.

Prefer liquid concentrates but post office does not.
???
BTW HP5+ grain is extremely hard to tame. It has it's applications, but not maybe in landscape.

I really don't understand why some retailers won't do it. B&H's refusal to ship ORM-D items is why all of my film/chemistry business goes to Freestyle.
This is a big and bizarre problem with B&H. Some time ago a guy from New York Explained to me, that it has to do with New York bridges and tunnels and rules of transporting stuff thru them. Apparently B&H is not willing to take trouble of training their stuff in rules of that. As B&H business depends on mostly electronics they don't care for few bottles of sold ORM-D chemicals.

???

This is a big and bizarre problem with B&H. Some time ago a guy from New York Explained to me, that it has to do with New York bridges and tunnels and rules of transporting stuff thru them. Apparently B&H is not willing to take trouble of training their stuff in rules of that. As B&H business depends on mostly electronics they don't care for few bottles of sold ORM-D chemicals.
That sounds about right.

The way I see it - B&H would do just fine without selling film or chemicals, Freestyle would not. Freestyle has a better selection, but B&H is usually slightly cheaper. I don't have a problem paying 50 cents more per roll, and that's usually about what the difference is.

Bad developer?

I shoot HP5 at 400 (or 200 and adjust) and process using Ilford LC29, and I never get that much grain!

That's about it it seems, either D76 not a compatible developer for Ilford or for some reason the stuff is deteriorating on the shelf faster than expected. Fresh mix back in early January gave great silver on FP4. Irrigation gear shot (HP5) processed at 6 weeks in. Motel at 8 weeks.

I could see faint negs with tired developer but not gravel.

Thanks vimwiz

How did you store it? - At working strength or stock?

HP5+ *does* support D76, Ive got the ilford lab book and is listed in the table

For HP5+ at ISO 400, use at 1+1dilution for 11 mins, it says.

My (comncentrated, economy) developer lasts ~24h at working strength, but a good 6 months (longer is no air) at room temp, at stock strength.

Most reactions

Back