Toronto FC vs. DC United

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm happy with a couple of these...thoughts? Btw, apologies for the inconsistent colour of the pitch, I tried to match it reasonably close, but ultimately went with what looked best for each individual shot. TFC are in red, naturally.

banner.jpg

Best fans in the league

clash.jpg

Eskandarian, meet Perkins..

dichioerpen.jpg

Dichio chasing Erpen

edu.jpg

Edu, having a go

fan.jpg

Fan's perspective

hate.jpg

The level of abuse directed at Perkins was huuuge

hardcore.jpg

Told you our fans were hardcore

obrien.jpg

O'Brien, having a shot

obrien1.jpg

Another O'Brien long-ranger

olsen.jpg

This..

olsen1.jpg

...led to this

sutton.jpg

Super Sutton!

wynne.jpg

Wynne, scaring the pants off some poor DC United sap

wynnestroyed.jpg

Wynne, getting absolutely demolished in the box

esky.jpg

Eskandarian's first goal for Toronto FC

Don't really know exactly why, but #5 is intriguing to me. Nice set.

Cheers

Btw, that Eskandarian goal is a piece of TFC history. It was the only goal he'll score for us. He was traded today. Which was a retarded move.

#7 is the best action shot IMO, I love how you've captured the ball in the air like that.

#14 looks a sore one on Number 16! Ouch!

Since you asked, my $0.02:
'Traditional' sports photography favours really tight crops of the action. Personally I think many of the posted pics could've benefitted from cropping out everything that doesn't matter in the picture.
In particular, I'd love to see pics #14-15 cropped to just the action. #15 has far too many things competing for the viewers attention. Oh and in #11 that security guard is just annoying.
-End C&C-

I visited your blog and I really enjoyed the fan pictures.
Will you be attending the under20 World Cup?

I agree some need cropping, really like the dirt trail behind his foot in #14. Some seem they might have been better with a faster shutter speed, to completely freeze the action.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. I did crop some of the ones from yesterday's match (thread's in general gallery, though it should've been here, my mistake), the only limitation is that my camera has a fairly low megapixel count/as well, a mediocre sensor, so getting 'traditional' crops from my seat 15 rows up at the corner of the pitch proves somewhat difficult...though it can be done in certain circumstances.

And yes, I'll be going to the U20 WC, or at least as much as I can do with regards to time off work, etc. My family has tickets to all the Toronto games, so it should be fun.

11.gif
fans yes, wow!
We were season ticket holders for the Rapids for the last two years, but never did we have turn-outs like that! Granted this year, they're in a new stadium (and we haven't been able to go) and I'm sure they're having a better show of fans.

As for the photos, I like them overall. my favorites are #3, #4, and #5 :)

Yeah, the MLS has been very entertaining firsthand. Moreso because defences are pretty bad, so offenses can go a bit crazy (see: Juan Pablo Angel), but it's been great, and the atmosphere has been faaaaaantastic.

I would love to see an MLS match! Sadly an ocean seperates our paths...

Most reactions

Back