Toronto Meetup - Aug 26, 2007

We went to "Buskerfest", which was a 4 day event featuring street performers (Buskers) from all over the world. These were high-end performers (not a mime in sight!) from as far away as Australia, India, Bolivia, Japan and the UK. Acts include everything from contortionists to musicians to acrobats, magicians, sword swallowers etc etc, with many of the acts including a lot of humour as well. And of course there was the 'statue' performer' who, after I put money in his hat, patted his cheek as a signal for me to kiss him there, then as I came in close he swung his head around as if to go for a kiss on the lips.

A few more. got a more editing to do yet. :er:

Abstract fire escape
IMG_5869aa.jpg

A cowbell player..this chick could shake what her momma gave her.​
IMG_5852aa.jpg

This guy was creepily cool. Loved the gig he did​
IMG_5887aa.jpg

Church entrance​
IMG_5864aa.jpg

Down and out.​
IMG_5839aa.jpg

Some great shots in here guys - especially like "Small drummer from the Samba band", oh and Anty gettin' goosed....

Carl, as usual, your stuff is awsome! How long will it be before I learn to "look outside of the box" so to speak?

One more I forgot to add earlier, from the Samba Squad:

ss4.jpg

Carl, as usual, your stuff is awsome! How long will it be before I learn to "look outside of the box" so to speak?

I am so asking myself the same when I see Carl's (aka Chiller's) photos here!!! Amazing! I am not in any way near his "eye". You're saving so you can come and teach me, Carl, aren't you?

Thank you so much for your kind words Suzanne and Corinna. :hug::Your comments are so much appreciated.
Germany is still on my wish list... I keep buying my lottery tickets. :er:

Still goin over my shots. Three more. Should be able to finish the rest in the next few days. :thumbup:

I dont know why, but I want to sing Mr BoJangles when I see this guy. :lol:

IMG_5836aa.jpg

Silence...​
IMG_5835aa.jpg

The leader of the Samba band.​
IMG_5848aa.jpg

Finally managed to finish up a few more shots. Gheesh..I gotta take more candids next time. :lmao::lmao:

Antys boyfriend....David Lee Roth:lmao::lmao: trying to figure out the signage in Toronna.
IMG_5811zz.jpg

More drums...​

IMG_5844zz.jpg

.......and rhythm​
IMG_5855zz.jpg

dang trees...​
IMG_5816zz.jpg

This graffitti caught my eye. had to share a :lol: with the "drug dealing zone" and the "video surveilance"​
IMG_5868zz.jpg

Some guy taken a shot of the city, while singing Oh Canada:lmao:​

IMG_5840zz.jpg

sorry about the focus...could not help takin this shot of Stu and his friend Sonic.​
IMG_5865zz.jpg

Another botched shot, so I played around.​

IMG_5871zz.jpg

.. this one is a little off, but the hairs on the bow were snapping like mental. Totally dug this band. :hail:​
IMG_5826zz.jpg

:lol: " Dang Nikon, no wonder people use Canon.":lol:

IMG_5850aa.jpg

Oh yeah, Anty's other guy.

She had a busy day with the males, our Anty.

Excellent stuff Carl. Love the shot of the "walking dead guy". Even though it was "botched" you did a great job on recovery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back