Tower Grove Park St. Louis

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got by the park this morning and took along a macro lens thinking I'd get a few magnolia blossoms. Unfortunately a recent little freeze a couple nights ago quashed that idea. So no flower closeups. I had to settle for a couple scenics but I'd only brought that one 90mm lens which on a crop sensor is in the telephoto range (135 equiv). Not my customary way of seeing things but I gave it go. Fuji X-T2 w/90m Elmar.

daffy-piper.jpg

ruins.jpg

Been many years since I've been there. One thing St. Louis has is a lot of parks and recreational areas.

I used to encounter this problem sometimes when all I took was my 105mm Sigma macro lens. The show must go on! 🌞

You must have been a kilometre away to get these! 😄

Very nice images! Here is where I appreciate my Tamron 18-400mm. It allows me to get within 10" at 400mm creating a pseudo-macro, while giving me 18mm for wide-angle landscape shots.

Been many years since I've been there. One thing St. Louis has is a lot of parks and recreational areas.
I'm close to Tower Grove. Henry Shaw donated the park with the stipulation that the city maintain it as an arboretum. Most folks don't realize the park contains over 300 species of trees. It's a gem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back