Tower Hamlets

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken in a housing estate in East London (borough of Tower Hamlets). They were designed by Brutalist (I love that word ;)) architect Ernő Goldfinger and are still lived-in today. I didn't get as many shots as I'd liked as the locals to umbridge to me being there photographing. I was getting followed around by a growing number of yoofs, So I got the hell out of there!

se14.jpg

se14_2.jpg

urban4.jpg

C & C welcome.

Cheers,

Mohain

I in particular like the first one :) .. looks like a bleak look into the future ... quite moody too.

Mohain said:
I didn't get as many shots as I'd liked as the locals to umbridge to me being there photographing. I was getting followed around by a growing number of yoofs, So I got the hell out of there!

I certainly should also go there to take pictures, but then maybe not alone ... do you think the locals would be more pleased if there was a whole photographer invasion ;)

Very impressive!
The first is an HDR?
Made from how many exposures?

I really like the harsh, contrasty black and white.
Wish I had photo ops like this around here ... it feels like just the right area for some black+white rangefinder work!

But I might be too afraid to take whichever camera I would bring out in those surroundings.... :scratch:

I also very much like the funny (dizzy-ing) perspective of your second photo here.
AND the concentration on lines and shapes in the close-up in +3 is also very very attractive.

Well, these are "genuine Mohains", so I should not be surprised, should I? ;)

Good tones mo.... good use of photomatix too, i like the detail in these :thumbup:

You're brave, taking pictures in Tower Hamlets! I had to go there last week to watch my boyfriend referee a match. Let's just say I spent most of the time in his car with the doors locked!

These are great shots though, well worth your efforts. Just next time take some protection with you!

I like these (especially the first two)...very futuristic looking (if that makes sense). And 'brutalist' is an apt word for this type of architecture!

Wow those photos are beautiful and amazing,

when I look at them its like im in another world or somthing lol.

I love all the shades the dark spots, realy good! :D

Most reactions

Back