TPF Slideshow! - Roads Untraveled

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off, thank you to everyone in this forum for helping make this possible. Even if you did not contribute any photos for this specific project, you are still involved somehow. Maybe you gave some one pointers that helped them take one of these shots, or maybe just "knowing" you were there to critique their photo made some one try a little harder to get THE shot.

I dedicate this project to everyone in this forum, any one who felt like they wanted to step out from the norm and take a road untraveled, and any one that hopes to inspire just one person from a photo they take.

So....here is is... roadsuntraveled100.swf

Yes you have to click a link to watch it, no you dont have to register or download anything.

If the link gives you a plain white screen, it does that sometimes, just refresh it or try again in a couple minutes, since it is the internet, sometimes it loads slower during peak traffic times. Normally it is quick though.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts in this thread.

Some people wanted to be known as their real name in the credits or use a different name than their TPF name, but just to make sure I thank everyone as we all know and love them....Thank you: Derrel, Compaq, cgipson1, ceeboy14, Mully, TwoTwoLeft, Awiserbud, snowbear, Tuffythepug, AmberLynnParker, jake337, and binga63.

Anyone can feel free to link this thread to their signature, or give out the link to the slide show to whoever they want to see it.

FAQ:
Q: You are just releasing this video, how do you already have a FAQ section?
A: I have shown versions that were 95% complete to some of the people who contributed pictures, so I have already gotten some feedback/questions.

Q: How long did it take for you to do this?
A: About 20 hours. Between asking photographers in this forum to use their pictures, to going through A LOT of photos to try and find the best fitting ones, and of course editing the slideshow. Note that the pictures have not been re-sized or edited in any way, the way I saved the pics is the way you see them. Also these pictures have been saved, added, saved, uploaded, ect so some of the quality has been effected.

Q: What program did you use to create this? Would you use it again?
A: I used photo slideshow maker. NO- I would not use it again. I found out that I can only change the timing and duration of photos and transitions by FULL seconds. So my choices were either 1 second..2 seconds....ect. Well the beat/words of the song didnt always go perfectly, so I had to make due. Sometimes I wanted 1.43245 seconds for certain things!

Q: What can I do to help at this point?
A: You can figure out how to put a .swf file on to youtube.com. That is not a supported file apparently. The converters I found did not work well, they made the video choppy and messed up the effect I was going for. Or you can give feedback on the project, share it with as many people as you can and even put the link to this thread or the video in your sig.

Q: I see a picture that is noisy, uneven, does not follow the rule of thirds! What should I do?
A: Find a high place to jump...no just kidding. The point was not to show off THE BEST photos this world has ever seen, the photos choosen fit the mood. However you can send me a PM with a picture that you took that would be better than the picture that is in the slideshow along with how you want your name in the credits. Maybe I can swap it out.

Q: Did the people whos pictures you used know about the project?
A: Of course. I have sent countless PMs to the contributers and have gotten their blessings. I asked a total of 13 people if I could use their pictures and 12 said yes.

Q: Why did you make this project?
A: Why not? It was fun and if it can help show photography off in a better light, then all the better.

Way to go Parker! I'm glad to be a part of this endeavor as well. I liked the part in the FAQ where you wrote: "Q: I see a picture that is noisy, uneven, does not follow the rule of thirds! What should I do?
A: Find a high place to jump." lol!! That's the right attitude!

Two thumbs up. I enjoyed the music and, of course, the wonderful photography !
As photographers and even wannabe photographers we all like the road less traveled sometimes don't we

Im glad you guys like it.

An excellent effort, and awesome contributions.

Bravo, all of you.

Only just had a chance to see the finished project, Its fantastic. well done parker219, you did a lovely job of putting them all together. sorry about the watermark issue, (but i'm glad i wasn't the only one)
I have shared the link on my FB page too :)

Nice! really enjoyed the presentation of all those wonderful images.

Thanks Desi. Yes, I had a tough choice as there were a lot of amazing photos to choose from!

Looks good. Glad you got the littler kinks worked out.

The hardest part about the kinks is once I fixed them on the slide show program, once I uploaded them, the timing was different! So I kept having to go back, plus working with the full second restraint was challenging.

Glad you liked it.

Most reactions

Back