Track Day at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway

namaste_lv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was driving by the speedway and noticed a track day was going on. Luckily I had my kit with me. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

The one of the Ford GT is a very nice pan.

What is "Track Day?" Is that when citizens can run their high power vehicles on the track?

Sounds like a blast!

What is "Track Day?" Is that when citizens can run their high power vehicles on the track?

Sounds like a blast!

not necessarily high powered
you can even run a station wagon in a track if you can stand the shame :lol:

pity there isnt more shots :/

Great shots, were these taken on a tripod?

Probably one of the best sets of panning images I've seen....

I'm sure there are better, but for the time being.....

Great shots

~Michael~

Looks like the outside roadcourse. Outside the speedway that is. I've raced FF 2000 there a couple of times. Fun layout.

Some shots from the 3/4 angle would have shown off the racing equipment a bit better, but would have tested the AF more.

Looks like the outside roadcourse. Outside the speedway that is. I've raced FF 2000 there a couple of times. Fun layout.

Some shots from the 3/4 angle would have shown off the racing equipment a bit better, but would have tested the AF more.

Yeah, it's much more difficult to get that sense of speed on the 3/4 as well.

Looks like the Jordan Suzuki superbike team was out testing, very cool! Great shots!

Yeah, it's much more difficult to get that sense of speed on the 3/4 as well.

Yep, getting the shutter speed just right so the wheels are still blurred is tough, like here with the GT-40 approaching the apex of turn 6.

That's a good corner to get some locked up front brake shots too. There's a small bump in the braking zone where the other part of the track transitions into 6, that makes the front of the cars just light enough to many times lock up just the left front or both front brakes just befor the turn-in point. Corner speed there in 6, running a FF 2000 is about 55 mph (2nd gear), down from 100 (4th gear) at the start of the braking zone.

The crux of that track is the sector from the entry of 2 to the exit of 5. How much speed a driver carries through turn 4 (pucker power) tells the tale. Good potential for the fastest cars having an off entering 5, if the driver screws up in the braking zone. (ask me how I know.)

Of course, one of the main keys is making sure you have the highest possible exit speed out of any corners leading onto straights, which includes turn 6, so there should be good shots of the cars on the rumble strip exiting 6 as they go away from you.

Looks like the American Racing Academy (formerly Derek Daly) racing school closed? I'm not finding a web site for them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back