Trapezium

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
You fooled me there. I thought I was going to be looking at a closeup of M42 (Great Nebula in Orion).

But since I'm here... I find the left portion of the front grey wall to be somewhat detrimental to the image. Not exactly sure why, but the vertical line and the two small portions above it to be somehow not fitting. But that's just me.

You fooled me there. I thought I was going to be looking at a closeup of M42 (Great Nebula in Orion).

But since I'm here... I find the left portion of the front grey wall to be somewhat detrimental to the image. Not exactly sure why, but the vertical line and the two small portions above it to be somehow not fitting. But that's just me.

Maybe it's because the two smaller pieces are breaking into a plane that they don't appear to belong to and the line is dissecting a surface for no apparent reason, and this is aesthetically challenging.

I don't get the point of this photo. If it brings a message I missed it.

I don't get the point of this photo. If it brings a message I missed it.

It's about shapes and lines, tones and texture. Contrast. The order and organisation is permeated by imperfection.

It doesn't quite work for me. There are some different shapes and also some repetition, but the composition doesn't provide a path or organization for the image. It seems to kind of dissipate over on the right side. There's something there, so I'd try to go back and reframe.

It doesn't quite work for me. There are some different shapes and also some repetition, but the composition doesn't provide a path or organization for the image. It seems to kind of dissipate over on the right side. There's something there, so I'd try to go back and reframe.

Thanks, Ken. When time allows, I'll go back and have another look.

It's about shapes and lines, tones and texture. Contrast. The order and organisation is permeated by imperfection.
Don't hate me Fred, but...if that is the point...the angle is weak. That's why the message (to me) doesn't arrive.

Don't hate me Fred, but...if that is the point...the angle is weak. That's why the message (to me) doesn't arrive.

Hate you? No, as long as people say why they don't like or understand the point of a photo, that's fine and even helpful. What I do hate is when people don't say why, because then I know the photo failed but not why.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back