Tree frog not in a tree...

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Came home from work tonight and I was about to grab the door handle to open the door when something about it didn't look right. A closer inspection revealed a tree frog who must have been lost... My only thought was it wanted to be closer to the porch lights that were attracting the insects.

D800, 105mm macro @ f/13, 1/320 sec, ISO 100, custom lighting rig

Came home from work tonight and I was about to grab the door handle to open the door when something about it didn't look right. A closer inspection revealed a tree frog who must have been lost... My only thought was it wanted to be closer to the porch lights that were attracting the insects.

Hey,

One question stuck in my mind that how can it be tree frog and what is the difference between a normal frog and tree frog?

Thanks

Hey,

One question stuck in my mind that how can it be tree frog and what is the difference between a normal frog and tree frog?

Thanks
Good question. I'm not sure exactly what qualifies a frog as a tree frog. Most likely it's based on the life habits of the frogs. Living in the trees, breeding in the trees, etc.

what is the difference between a

Maybe because he was able to get from the ground to the door handle, and doesn't appear to be sporting wings?

American toad

So, do you think he was sitting there thinking "I only wish my tongue was longer". :048:

Maybe you can patent a frog stand, to keep your outdoor lights free of bugs. :345:

So, do you think he was sitting there thinking "I only wish my tongue was longer". :048:

Maybe you can patent a frog stand, to keep your outdoor lights free of bugs. :345:
I bet he was. The porch lights were drawing such a swarm, but juuuust out of reach...

Good question. I'm not sure exactly what qualifies a frog as a tree frog. Most likely it's based on the life habits of the frogs. Living in the trees, breeding in the trees, etc.

Ohh Okay. I thought there might be something unique which should be known as part of a tree frog.

Anyways, Thanks, crimbfighter :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back