Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Possibly the best shot I've ever taken:

IMG_6128_edited2_edited_RS.jpg

shark nice shots :)

Possibly the best shot I've ever taken:

hehe does this mean we can't criticise it :p

I love the first one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The face trees in the background set a wonderful mode for the rest of the shot. The 'snow coat' looks wicked on the subject of the shot. its onderfully framed.

just a small nitpick:
would like to the ground level, this probably just my own artistic choice. Another thing is I think because of the simplicity of this photo I think it would look fab in b&w too!

great stuff!

But hey, credit also goes to the tree!
It is a beauty! That tree is...

The first photo's beautiful, too.
Second, too, but not quite so... right? Shark?

vonnagy said:
just a small nitpick:
would like to the ground level, this probably just my own artistic choice. Another thing is I think because of the simplicity of this photo I think it would look fab in b&w too!
!

:lol: Good calls. In my original file, it's already been straightened. This is the first edit.

There's also a b&w version. The main subject tree blends better into the rest of the trees, but doesn't quite pop out like this one does. I like both versions. :)

LaFoto said:
Second, too, but not quite so... right? Shark?

I agree 100%. I think part of it is the second one required heavy photoshopping. THere was the roof of a building and a line of electriic poles in the background of that one that I had to clone out. It just took something away from the image. I DO like, however, how alone the tree is in the second one. But then again in the first it's like it's leading an army of trees or something.

I really like how only the trees stand out.
The first one is my favorite. I like how the snow is almost blinding, which leaves really only the tree to focus on. I like the excess sky and ground on this photo.

IMO #2 is better that #1, it’s more off center; the horizon is straighter looking, less dead space at top and bottom, a full range of Zone, good lines in the foreground.

I think they're both very good but I also like the first one best.

Wow! These are awesome. I'd be proud of these, too!

I'll nitpick too, and say I'd like a bit of sky croppped out of the top one....the second one is just majestic. I'm a sucker for a great tree shot, and these are a couple of beauties, Shark! :thumbsup:

I like the second one better. I like that its alone. I love how it stands out like that. I also love that its darker than the rest of the picture. You look at the tree for a long time, then realize there is other things to look at. Its cool how the grass is poking through a bit.

I also like how the tree is leaning. It gives the shot character.

Its hard to believe its the same tree. It looks twice as thick as the first picture.

Nice work!

Most reactions

Back