Triathlon

AceCo55

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these last month - I only do one triathlon for the year. Our small town hosts one round of the State Triathlon series - it has been held her for the last 20 years. About 200 locals volunteer to help run the event so it has a real community feel to it. The athletes love coming partly because there are raffle prizes of lobster (our town is a fishing / farming /winegrowing area on the coast). The event caters for the top, elite athletes to the "come and tri" people with virtually no training ... but a sense of fun!

#1: One of the junior elite athletes

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5: Part of the "run" leg is along the beach - sand is quite hard near the water and good to run on (or so I'm told :lol: )

Great all of them but i particularly like the panning shots.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. Much appreciated.
I must admit, I get a lot of satisfaction when I can get a panning image sharp on the subject.
The next stage for me will be to use progressively slower and slower shutter speeds.

Its tough to get right, i am useless at it but as they say if it was easy anyone could do it

When I am at a dirtkart race meeting, I probably attempt 200 panning shots - so I am getting a solid block of practice. I still have to say out loud to myself "shoulder, shoulder, shoulder" as the karts come into view. It's my trigger to really concentrate on one spot of the driver/kart rather than just sweeping along in the subject in general. It has been helping me. If I don't say it to myself, I tend to get lazy and just do an approximate sweep as the subject goes past.

Awww, missing the swimming and coming-out-of-the-water parts in this series ...
Aspects of the changing areas are also always quite interesting and reflect some of the overall atmosphere of a triathlon, I think.

Awww, missing the swimming and coming-out-of-the-water parts in this series ...
Aspects of the changing areas are also always quite interesting and reflect some of the overall atmosphere of a triathlon, I think.

Yes ... I didn't do the swim. We had three volunteer photographers and one of the others was handling the swimming so I didn't see any point doubling up. We tried to cover as many aspects of the event between us as we could. Even then I felt we were running about trying to "get it all" ... but not possible! Hundreds of competitors spread over huge area and different race classifications starting at different times! Still good fun.

Very nice shots! Love the bike shots, well executed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back