Tried my hand at pushing the cat and dog

Bobby Ironsights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pushing Tri-X a couple stops in D76, lost some shadow detail, should have exposed pumpkin(dog) a bit more, print is better but still not as clear as I would have liked. I hear T-Max is a good pushing developer, has naturally vigorous activity, will try that next.

pu.jpg

melissascat.jpg

I really like the picture of the dog. There's still enough detail in his face and with his facial expression i think it works.

I've photographed my dogs as well, and its definetly a challenge to get a good shot.

i pushed my cat once an he bit me so i didnt try it with the dog. I like the first photo, the second one seems a bit gray or maybe just soft... cool stuff though

i pushed my cat once an he bit me so i didnt try it with the dog. I like the first photo, the second one seems a bit gray or maybe just soft... cool stuff though

Well, if you mean focussy soft, or lack of tonal range, then I blame the super cheap flatbed document scanner I use. If you mean lack of contrast, then yes, that's my fault, I printed it on grade 2 resin coated.

They're both printed on Arista.edu graded paper, at grade 2. I should have some grade three RC paper coming in soon, as it's (5x7 grades 2,3,4) on sale at freestyle for fifteen cents a sheet, maybe I'll try that.

well honestly, i dont know anything about film other than some basic darkroom techniques and developing stuff, the title of your thread just caught my eye, but i meant both "focussy" soft (lol) and the lack of contrast i guess. But i do like the dog one

Most reactions

Back