Tried my hand at pushing the cat and dog

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by Bobby Ironsights, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Bobby Ironsights

Bobby Ironsights TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Pushing Tri-X a couple stops in D76, lost some shadow detail, should have exposed pumpkin(dog) a bit more, print is better but still not as clear as I would have liked. I hear T-Max is a good pushing developer, has naturally vigorous activity, will try that next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. McManniss

McManniss TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like the picture of the dog. There's still enough detail in his face and with his facial expression i think it works.

I've photographed my dogs as well, and its definetly a challenge to get a good shot.

3. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i pushed my cat once an he bit me so i didnt try it with the dog. I like the first photo, the second one seems a bit gray or maybe just soft... cool stuff though

4. Bobby Ironsights

Bobby Ironsights TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Well, if you mean focussy soft, or lack of tonal range, then I blame the super cheap flatbed document scanner I use. If you mean lack of contrast, then yes, that's my fault, I printed it on grade 2 resin coated.

They're both printed on Arista.edu graded paper, at grade 2. I should have some grade three RC paper coming in soon, as it's (5x7 grades 2,3,4) on sale at freestyle for fifteen cents a sheet, maybe I'll try that.

5. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    well honestly, i dont know anything about film other than some basic darkroom techniques and developing stuff, the title of your thread just caught my eye, but i meant both "focussy" soft (lol) and the lack of contrast i guess. But i do like the dog one