Trip to NYC

Crushy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went on a family outing with the family to nyc, decided to shoot all B&W. C&C Please:D

1. From the ferry ride to the city.
DPP_0001sized.jpg

2. Another from the ferry.
DPP_0003sized.jpg

3. St. Patricks Cathedral
PrintingStPaticks.jpg

The First and Third I like. Looks to me like you've probably achieved ten zones in the third. The First picture could use a bit more contrast and brightness. Are these shots RAW or JPG? You say you decided to shoot monos - does that mean the images are JPGs using the incamera filters? I just wondered as the Third shot looks like it may have had some lens correction applied in DPP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_System

The Second picture, although it has a wonderful sky suffers from a distracting foreground. If it wasn't for that, the wide-angle distortion would be tolerable for me. The environs of the darker skyscrapers are quite dark too - it's all become a little indistinct.

The second photo is beautiful, but the foreground is just too busy, the first one is nice needs a bit of contrast. The last one is really great! I think it needs a bit of contrast and brightness though. Still, you got some nice shots here.

i ffeel like there is too much gray and not enough black and white, like mrtramplefoot said.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back