Tripod recommendation

bc_photo_novice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a tripod for my dslr. As far as SLRs go, both the camera and lenses are relatively light (Olympus e-510), and I am relatively casual/novice photographer, and am therefore not looking to spend a ton. Functional and affordable. Features that are important to me are quick release, and portability (so, weight and size, I guess). I think that I would prefer a ball head, though am open to pan as well. I am tentatively looking at the Manfrotto 725b, but am looking for any other recommendations? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I realize it will cost you more, but i reccomend getting a tripod with a replaceable head. I have the Manfrotto 190XDB and i love it, I originally bought a pan head but may buy a ball head soon. Obviously if i had not bought a tripod that could change heads to begin with i would have to buy a whole new system, now however i can get a new head for under 100 dollars, also you could buy different legs for different applications in the future and just have one head

I'm going to echo what the above poster said. Look toward a set of 190Pro legs and a 488 ball head. It might seem expensive now, but you'll quickly grow into it.

Most reactions

Back