TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
545.jpg

543.jpg

I was trying to get a picture of an odd ball guppie when I got to thinking there where far better subjects in all those tanks my sister has, So I made a point to get some pics of them.

The second, so my daughter says (who knows a lot more about aquarium fish than I do), is a fighting fish. Do you know if it is? Would you know its name (or could you ask your sister?)

I think you did quite well for photographing through the glass of the tank. I find that many fish swim by pretty fast and easily become a blur, mostly so since the light makes the camera want to expose for quite long.

Pity about the artificial elements that belong to the pump (or something like that) - most prominently to be seen in the first photo.

Siamese Fighting fish also known as Betas, The given name for this one in particular is Norman. As for the objects in the tanks I have no controll over that as they do not belong to me and I can not just reach it and move things, My sister would have my head. You are right about the speed of the fish, this attempt took over a hundred shots just to get three finalizable shots it is all too easy to get little more than a blur. Also these where taken with an autofocusing camera (witch I can't stand) it can be tricky at best to get the camera to find the correct subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back