Tropical Storm Alberto Photo Trip

GWWhite

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had some friends who wanted me to head out to Black Point Wildlife Drive at the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge in Titusville Florida. Tropical Storm Alberto was just north of us, giving me some storm reservations. But I caved and went anyway, starting our photo safari at 6 am. Unfortunately the drive was closed which frustrated my travel partners, so it was left to me to see if I could salvage the safari.

Canaveral National Seashore 001 by Gordon White, on Flickr

Our first stop was Lot 1 on Playalinda Beach for the sunrise. I didn't know if we would have anything due to the weather. I had to wait about 45 minutes to get this one shot LOL!

Canaveral National Seashore 002 by Gordon White, on Flickr

Caneveral National Seashore 005 by Gordon White, on Flickr

My next decision was to take us to a boat ramp I knew about (Eddy Creek) that is used for water fowl hunting season. It is off season so I thought why not. The photo of the lone fly fisherman illustrates just how off and on the weather was thanks to Alberto. The other photo was two manatees who were mating in front of the dock next to the unused boat ramp.

Caneveral National Seashore 003 by Gordon White, on Flickr

By this time, my travel partners got a little more into the spirit and one suggested we go to Haulover Canal. Other than the manatees running the channel, all I caught was this fisherman doing his thing as the small yacht passed through the bridge in front of him.

At this point, it was only 9:30 in the morning and again my travel partners said "What do you think?". The wind was fairly high, so I said let's go see if the kite boarders are riding today. I figured as windy as it was, they wouldn't be able to resist. I was right!

Canaveral National Seashore 003 by Gordon White, on Flickr

Canaveral National Seashore 011 by Gordon White, on Flickr

Canaveral National Seashore 007 by Gordon White, on Flickr

Canaveral National Seashore 022 by Gordon White, on Flickr

In the end, what we literally thought was going to be a "wash" (pun intended), turned out to be a fun day that ended at an Irish Pub down the street for some home made Reubens and brewskis.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back