Turkey Vulture

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$8427543419_60a69386c5_o.jpg

Danged things are always circling over my head when I go out for a run... are they expecting me not to make it home?

We have so many of them around here, I get nervous when they start flying over because their poop is really caustic and if you don't get it off your car ASAP, you're in for a touch up job.

A little story about my grandmother here. Stubborn English lady, was fit in mind and body until she hit 93 when her heart finally started to give out and she was in a convalescent home getting strong enough to go home. I sat talking with her in the room and she looks out the window to see about 10 turkey buzzards sitting in the trees. She very bluntly and shockingly blurts out " damn lawyers are sitting in the trees waiting to fight over my money". I miss my g'ma.

Taking good photos of a turkey vulture is kinda like taking good photos of a wild turkey--you still just end up with a very ugly bird. At least in flight, they are slightly less ugly. I've certainly taken my share of pictures of them; sometimes, you just gotta take what you get.

A little story about my grandmother here. Stubborn English lady, was fit in mind and body until she hit 93 when her heart finally started to give out and she was in a convalescent home getting strong enough to go home. I sat talking with her in the room and she looks out the window to see about 10 turkey buzzards sitting in the trees. She very bluntly and shockingly blurts out " damn lawyers are sitting in the trees waiting to fight over my money". I miss my g'ma.

:lmao:
My grandmother, who lived to just past 98 and whose mind was still sharper when she died than mine is NOW, LOVED birds. When I'm out shooting, I think about her and how much she would enjoy my bird photography. Anyway--she had several birdfeeders and was VERY particular about which birds she wanted at the feeders and which she didn't. Starlings and bluejays were most decidedly unwelcome. She called the Jays "big bullies"....at the age of about 90, she found the solution. She bought herself one of those GIANT water guns, the ones that shoot water 50 feet or more.
She would sit in her room, with the window open just a bit and watch the birds--and then when a jay or some other "undesirable" showed up, she would just absolutely BLAST it with the water gun!

Ugly bird...have them around here. I may be partial to birds of pray. Owls, Hawks, Falcons and such. But this guy does not make the list. :-\

I wasn't trying to make him pretty...he's definitely fuggly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back