Two little tikes!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry about all these posts! I had a very busy week the week before Thanksgiving. Then I closed shop for four days and I'm now doing the post for that very busy week! So, hold on to your hats, these ones are soooo cute!

3085576465_cf706de744.jpg

3086414308_32afed0f06.jpg

3085576345_9025df009f.jpg

3085576277_4ae0b61f25.jpg

3086414108_bd11faee72.jpg

3085576121_79302b4a65.jpg

When I pulled this one off the camera, I laughed and laughed and laughed. I had to post it here, it's priceless!

3085576023_f6f1361123.jpg

OMG those are sweet, especially that last one!!
still not a fan of that tie die background, it doesn't go well with the green trunk and also you can see a seem in the sleeping baby one.
Great captures.

OMG those are sweet, especially that last one!!
still not a fan of that tie die background, it doesn't go well with the green trunk and also you can see a seem in the sleeping baby one.
Great captures.

Thank You!

So, what do I do with background? Stop using it? Or I guess I could use it only in black and white - didn't seem to bug as many people when it's in black and white :lol:. The mom had actually seen this backdrop on my web-site. She specifically asked for it. The green trunk on the other hand was more for keeping that little guy contained for a little while! I wonder about sepia on these???? would that make it any better?

Thanks for the heads up on the seam, I'll go doctor it out!

I think sepia would really work with this background. The problem is mostly the warm rosy color; it not only clashes with most people's clothes, it also brings out the worst in most people's skin tone.

I would also be interested to see #3 with far less pp on the eyes. Its overdone, at least when it is resized to this small size, specifically as it contrasts so starkly with the skin.
It is also a poor crop, as she looks like an amputee baby. Try not to crop at the joints! I run into the same problem sometimes, and its hard to find a way to save the photo without a scary crop. I think in this case a head-and-shoulders crop would REALLY strengthen the photo.

I do agree with it doing a number on the skin tones. That's been another big issue with this back drop, I really get odd skin color that I have to fix in post.

As far as her eyes go, the only post I did here was slight sharpening and contrast - I do this on EVERY one of my photos. My 50mm lens is the sharpest lens you can get for a pentax, but even if you look at her eyes in #1, she's just got some awesome bright eyes. I think they're beautiful!

here's the image SOOC - I turned it black and white, increased contrast, sharpened and saved . . .that's it.
3088010741_416b4cb673.jpg

As far as the crop goes, it was intentional. I was going for the I'm coming to get you, but I wanted those eyes to be the focus. I didn't want the full on crawling look. Plus, I wanted the empty space beside her. I can see how I could crop it a little more, but I'm not sure . . . I'll have to scratch my head on it!

Thanks for the critique, it always makes me step back and evaluate my work. I honestly feel like I learn from every comment.

Most reactions

Back