Ugly Baby

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for some C&C on this one;

520-1687.jpg

Thanks. I'll get another go at it in a few weeks. I have a fisheye that needs something to do.

This one does not follow the guidelines of the Photo Critique, either (here ), so it will be moved to the General Gallery, too.

I agree with Philip… That old truck is a great find, but it deserves to be shot from a few different perspectives and perhaps with better (read: warmer) light. Don’t be shy about singling out some of the more interesting crusty rusty details on the old-timer.

Where did you find this thing? From the looks of the background, the entire area appears to be a great photo-op! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your posts from this place.

This probably makes it look like average, but smeared.

b520-1687copy.jpg

I have to agree (gasp) sometime the parts are more than the sum of the whole. A nice angle and different perspect of just parts might be just as interesting as the whole. Though If I came across this I would have burned a whole roll of film on it in parts, or I would have made just one shot trying to say everything at once.

I do that alot and am not sure if it ever works either way.. But on the bright side I love the 3d effect of the bush against the hills

That's cool-

Depth, asked where this was; maybe it will help explain ...

This is the Desert Queen Ranch out at Joshua Tree National Park. Bill Keys was a true desert rat keeping everything on God's good Earth that couldn't be eaten. Plus, he bought out a junk yard and hauled it all to the ranch. There are countless odds-ends, doo-dads, thinga-ma-jigs, gadgets, gizmos, broken stuff, wierd items, rusted tools, busted autos, broken bottles and ... well, a lot of... oh yeah, and a snake.

To access the Ranch, you must be accompanied by a ranger. They have tours, but do not let you stop to take pictures. However, they do have photo tours where folks are allowed to take an hour or so and do their thing. The mutt-auto (part Ford, Chevy & Jeep) is one of several hundred photos I took during a photo tour. I'll be spending some time out in Twentynine Palms this fall, so will be hitting the ranch a couple times (certainly not enough). Downside is that photo tours are mid-day. I'll be certain to get the pieces, but wow, there's so much!

Joshua Tree National Park

JTNP 360 Photo Model

360 Photo of Desert Queen Ranch

Desert Queen Ranch Photos

Sloppy aerial photos of the Desert Queen Ranch

As has been said, great opportunity, but try different light - early or late in the day depending on which way it's pointing, that would suit the rust and dilapidation well.

Have a word with the organisers and explain to them that only mad dogs and englishmen go out in the midday sun - that should do it, trust me, I'm an englishman.

woooooo..... BA Shot. AWESOME AREA! FRAT FIND.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back