UK Snowboarding

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its not very often that I get to photography something like this, and so I quickly learned that the idea is you get underneath the jump. Not quite underneath or you'll be squashed (we learnt that the hard way). I've also been messing around with a Fish eye, but they are not ready yet.

I'm quickly learning how best to do sports photography and want to develop my skills further so C&C appreciated. Complete collection can be found here, Snow Boarding - on Flickr there is abit of a story behind it so see if you can pick up on that.

Here are a few that I've got printed off and wacked them in sports collection.
DSC_0044.jpg

Although he now has half a head, I like this. After taking this photo he then proceeded to face plant. Motion Blurred background.

DSC_0027.jpg

Shadow Highlighted, heavily and also cropped.

DSC_0024.jpg

Motion Blurred and cropped.

Thank you very much, lets remain positive that this snow leaves soon shall we?

i think you should have been below the boarder in shot 2 to exagerate how high he is.....

and shot 3 i find kinda boring, its too easy to tell that he isn't moving that fast despite the motion blurr

and shot 1 doesn't really appeal to me as someone that particapates and photographs board/action sports.... we usually like to see the whole person and what they are doing.

No1 would have been great if it was wider with a bit faster shutter speed or you had panned a bit smoother
Did you use flash ?

I've been reading around, and looking about Panning. Looks like a great way to get a blurred background if you get it right.

Yes I did use a flash. It worked quite well with it I think.

Your first image is by far the best because you used fill flash to accentuate the foreground and add a bit of zip. If you get the chance to arrange something like this, be sure to get the riders wearing something a bit more colourful. I have snow in Tokyo, wanna try?

Shoot long lens, get low, and focus on composition.

Great action shot on the first one. Really nice job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back