Unhappy with wedding photos... help!

On that note: How do you handle a disgruntled customer like this? Honestly, I'd be a bit crushed...I put a lot of effort into my sessions.

Move on.. don't expect referral from them :)

You may have a hunch, but you do not know me. I am not "one of them". If I were one of those unable to please type of people, I would not have rated most of my vendors for that day with five stars. Since I am not happy with my photos, should I just shut up, or do have to be labeled as "one of them". I'm not really sure why some of you feel so negatively towards someone you don't even know. If I were so awful as you suspect, I would have told her how I felt. I am afraid to because I don't want to hurt her feelings or have her think she is not a good photographer. I am on this forum to get advice. Not to be given a hard time. Yes, I will say, I should have spent more money... you were right about that. About the cheesy poses... I didn't like them. I should have spoken up when we were in session, but I thought I should let the professional take over since they know more about photography than I do.

This is just a total sh*tstorm....

You shoot in jpg not tiff....wow. I'm speechless.

If you paid $1,300 - you have every right to call her up and say you are not happy. Do you go to a restaurant and order food and if it tastes horrendous you suck it up and pay your bill anyway? No way, you say it tastes like crap and you ask for it to be taken back (whether they spit on your next order is another story).

Call her, explain your issue(s) with the photos and have her try to correct them. Why come to us first if you paid for a service?

This kind of thread always is. I wanted to reference the last time this happened, where the photographer actually came and gave their (very different) side of the story.
But no, the powers that be like to delete threads. Hopefully this one gets at least locked, sooner than later.

amanda.... I am serious.. she did a good job. Are you expecting an award winning wedding photos? You have to be really lucky and find a photographer who is about to break out. People that constantly produce amazing photos will not be charging $2000. Minimum $5000. You should just leave it alone.

Wow, not the friendliest of people on this site... a few were nice and thank you to them.

people are not unfriendly, just very concerned, and they want to prevent serious trouble ;).

Wow, not the friendliest of people on this site... a few were nice and thank you to them.

people are not unfriendly, just very concerned, and they want to prevent serious trouble ;).

And some are on the photographers side, which is not what she wants to hear.

This kind of thread always is. I wanted to reference the last time this happened, where the photographer actually came and gave their (very different) side of the story.
But no, the powers that be like to delete threads. Hopefully this one gets at least locked, sooner than later.

They DELETED that?

Wow.

BTW, you people going on about the copyright... it has sooooooooooooooooooo little to do with what's really going on here.

manaheim said:
BTW, you people going on about the copyright... it has sooooooooooooooooooo little to do with what's really going on here.

There's some relevance since the OP was talking about editing the images herself. But, I'm curious as to your view of what the central issue is (not being snarky, just curious).

......... Do you go to a restaurant and order food and if it tastes horrendous you suck it up and pay your bill anyway? No way, you say it tastes like crap and you ask for it to be taken back .........

Poor analogy. You can tell if you don't like a meal on your first bite. You don't wait until you get your hat & coat on the way out to complain.

The OP, however, did not have the ability to 'taste' her $1300 meal.

......... Do you go to a restaurant and order food and if it tastes horrendous you suck it up and pay your bill anyway? No way, you say it tastes like crap and you ask for it to be taken back .........

Poor analogy. You can tell if you don't like a meal on your first bite. You don't wait until you get your hat & coat on the way out to complain.

No sane person does unless they are scamming a free or discounted meal. However I had lunch at a pub yesterday and 1 "customer' sat and ate three courses several staff passed him during this meal and he didn't speak to one of them. When the bill came h had a good moan about the meal and wanted to have the full meal for nothing. In the end, the manager gave him his dessert FOC. I would have given him nothing. The staff told him politely but firmly that he'd had plenty of opportunity to report it during his meal, yet he finished off every mouthfull.

Are you kidding?
The photographer, Brenda Sison had oodles of images in her web portfolio. Brenda's work is consistant. Even down to the "cheesy" poses. How the OP thought she was going to get anything different is mind boggling. This thread is idiotic at best.

This isn't a case of seeing awesome work, and recieving garbage. At all.

The OP's proof gallery is now password protected, and the OP removed the link to the site.

Most reactions

Back