EricD

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdiller.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ew shots From the "Urban Wetlands" in "O" Town!

1. Eagle
Watching his mate flying above....cool to watch their behavior when they see each other

PIC_4087.jpg

2.Pileated Woodpecker trying to move up to the Eagles nest
PIC_4032.jpg

3. Red Tailed Hawk...I think...sitting in the tree next to the Eagle. I waited for the battle, never took place.

PIC_4056.jpg

4. Yet another Red Tail...
PIC_4054.jpg

5. Saw a large white Bird inflight, so I followed down to the pond... SWAN!
PIC_3991.jpg

6. Off for a swim...he was very nervous around people!
PIC_3998.jpg

7. Then these two appeard out of nowhere...... not sure what they are?

PIC_3971.jpg

8. Red Fox, getting a quick drink as i drove out...shot from the truck!

PIC_4133.jpg

PIC_4137.jpg

PIC_3973.jpg

I like #10 love birds catching fish, looks like you did some sharpening though ?

Anyone identify #7? I see them here too? They have the nose bump of a mute swan but not the colors?

#7 is a domestic African Goose or Chinese goose. Not sure how to tell them apart.

#7 is a domestic African Goose or Chinese goose. Not sure how to tell them apart.

Tx, using your info I looked this up.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Domestic Geese: The African Goose
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]African geese are not from Africa! They are the same colour as the Chinese goose, and originated in SE China. They were imported into the USA in the nineteenth century, and reached Britain too as the 'Hong Kong' goose in Victorian times. Good examples of the African were more or less lost in the UK in the 20th century. Most Africans here now come from birds imported from the USA from the 1970s onwards. Exhibition Africans are imposing birds, ganders standing one metre tall. Hand reared, they are very tame. There is a great deal of variation in weight. Some varieties are quite small, reaching only 16-20 lbs. Big exhibition birds in the UK and the USA reach 26 lbs - the same as their stated weight in SE China. [/FONT]

Here's another good info piece.
American Livestock Breeds Conservancy: African Goose

ERIC, I have Pileated here but seems like the only ones I'll see are yours.

Most reactions

Back