Urgent - updates to flickr and new account limits!

Flickr does/did have its own algorithm thingy for showing off "random" popular photos that used to be a pretty popular game for some to try and get onto. I forget what it was called.

That said in general there are people who have a LOT of followers, however in general I notice that they also follow a LOT of blogs. I've seen some people following tens of thousands of people (they must either use a bot or get SUPER bored following everyone they can find). Because a good proportion of people just auto-follow back; or will follow back if someone has half decent skills.

I tend to not follow those people unless they are interesting and REALLY outstanding (otherwise I'm just feeding their ego whilst they aren't really feeding mine :p)

I have put so much time and effort in storing my pictures in flickr in albums, I have loads of pictures there! And I do not use it for the likes, I use it for safe keep and to show pictures to friends and family.
I also have the pictures safe on computer tough.
What are free better/other alternatives than flickr?

I have put so much time and effort in storing my pictures in flickr in albums, I have loads of pictures there! And I do not use it for the likes, I use it for safe keep and to show pictures to friends and family.

I don’t know if there are any that are free AND better. There are still ones that are free but I wouldn’t say better and ones that are better but are not free. I think most options have already been talked about.

I use flickr to post albums of events and I send a link to people. I could care less about likes or views. My problem is the upload since I have a poor internet connection. It is a PITA. It takes a while for pages to load as well.

I recently joined Facebook again and have been scaling images down and creating albums on there, much quicker and easier. I hate Facebook though, all the opinions and stuff irritate me.

If I ever get good at photography, I will probably look into a better way for my personal stuff. I think I'm leaning on a website which I started but don't have any good images to put out there yet.

I use flickr to post albums of events and I send a link to people. I could care less about likes or views. My problem is the upload since I have a poor internet connection. It is a PITA. It takes a while for pages to load as well.

I recently joined Facebook again and have been scaling images down and creating albums on there, much quicker and easier. I hate Facebook though, all the opinions and stuff irritate me.

If I ever get good at photography, I will probably look into a better way for my personal stuff. I think I'm leaning on a website which I started but don't have any good images to put out there yet.

Even if you have a website it can make sense to host your images on Flickr, then link them in to the website. The advantage of Flickr is you have independent viewing of your images (you can also have links to the website on Flickr), plus it makes it easy to post on forums, etc.

Even if you have a website it can make sense to host your images on Flickr, then link them in to the website. The advantage of Flickr is you have independent viewing of your images (you can also have links to the website on Flickr), plus it makes it easy to post on forums, etc.

I don't know. I have so many amateur pics on it, probably best to let it purge or purge it. I have only been in photography for 2 - 3/4 years. I am still waiting to get consistently average anyway. I am not very good at the moment.

I've seen some people following tens of thousands of people (they must either use a bot or get SUPER bored following everyone they can find).

Depends on how much time you gain them, if you have for example, 7500 people, after 10 years joining Flickr, it means 2 people you follow, per day.
That's 0,08 people per hour... I think a bot can do much more than that :D

I'm currently being reducing the group of people I'm following, I can't watch or track them all.
I'll only going to try to get grip on people I really know in real life, friends, or online buddies I really care about because I've much interaction with them.

I'll also try to delete lots of photos, to get a better overview.

I don't know. I have so many amateur pics on it, probably best to let it purge or purge it. I have only been in photography for 2 - 3/4 years. I am still waiting to get consistently average anyway. I am not very good at the moment.

One sign of a succesful artist is they question there own abilities. ;)

Hàh !!
You're that guy from Beernem :) I followed the gallery of photos for a while during your trip in the US.
Perkele ! kaunis kuvat!

I've seen some people following tens of thousands of people (they must either use a bot or get SUPER bored following everyone they can find).

Depends on how much time you gain them, if you have for example, 7500 people, after 10 years joining Flickr, it means 2 people you follow, per day.

I'm currently being reducing the group of people I'm following, I can't watch or track them all.
I'll only going to try to get grip on people I really know in real life, friends, or online buddies I really care about because I've much interaction with them.

I wondered that too! How does someone with 10k following keep up. I have a core group of people on Flickr that I interact with, mostly schnauzer people. What I try to do is if anyone likes or comments on my photo then I go to their page and do the same. I had to open up a Yahoo account for Flickr and that email account is only used for Flickr.

How do you know if you have 1000 photos? I don't think I have that many, but where is the number?

I wondered that too! How does someone with 10k following keep up. I have a core group of people on Flickr that I interact with, mostly schnauzer people. What I try to do is if anyone likes or comments on my photo then I go to their page and do the same. I had to open up a Yahoo account for Flickr and that email account is only used for Flickr.

How do you know if you have 1000 photos? I don't think I have that many, but where is the number?

Top right. Says you have 545 pics. I've got a ways to go. Worry about it when I get close.

I became pro -.-' member

They offered a nice discount till end of November and I have so many pics stored an organized, I did not see another way o_O

I'll stick with Flickr. I have all my photos there that I share with animal conservation networks so they can use them.
It sucks that it got more expensive but I think the price is still fair for unlimited photo storage.

Oh also, thanks to that annoucnement my photo got over 3 million views :D

Spangled cotinga (male) by Mathias Appel, auf Flickr

I became pro -.-' member

They offered a nice discount till end of November and I have so many pics stored an organized, I did not see another way o_O

I did the same. In the end the price wasn't much, especially for the annual plan. I had just under 800 photos after cleaning out the junk so I figured I'd just do it now.

If you need inspiration, there is sure to be a group that can help. As said above, the subscription isn't that bad imo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back