Using Flickr from phone or tablet

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there a way to get the bb code to copy/paste into a forum thread when you have the photo on Flickr but you are on your phone or tablet?

Is there a way to get the bb code to copy/paste into a forum thread when you have the photo on Flickr but you are on your phone or tablet?

Yes, use the browser instead of the app.

Yes, use the browser instead of the app.
Where do you find it in the browser? It seems like I'm not given all the options on the "mobile" version of Flickr?

Even on the desktop version, I can't seem to select the code :(

If you use Chrome on Android just go to the flickr site. By default it will put you in mobile mode. Go to Chrome menu and click on 'Request desktop site'. This will be the exact same as on your computer.

on my phone I'll sometimes download the image, then upload the file here.

Same. Using iPhone if that matters. I can see it but it won't let me select it to copy and no option to Select All. Is there a trick to copying the bb code?

If you use Chrome on Android just go to the flickr site. By default it will put you in mobile mode. Go to Chrome menu and click on 'Request desktop site'. This will be the exact same as on your computer.

It is there and looks the same but it doesn't let me highlight the entire link for copying. Are you doing this on iPhone?

Same. Using iPhone if that matters. I can see it but it won't let me select it to copy and no option to Select All. Is there a trick to copying the bb code?

It is there and looks the same but it doesn't let me highlight the entire link for copying. Are you doing this on iPhone?

No Android. Cut and paste functionality on the iPhone sucks.

Apparently it's a known issue with iPhone and iPad when using Flickr. But Flickr has to take some of the heat for this. Why can't you get the bb code via the App? They need to get with the times and support their base users. Photographers are mobile and photographers like to share on forums.

Apparently it's a known issue with iPhone and iPad when using Flickr. But Flickr has to take some of the heat for this. Why can't you get the bb code via the App? They need to get with the times and support their base users. Photographers are mobile and photographers like to share on forums.

Yes it definitely should be an option in the app and there is no reason why it can't be added. Maybe with the new owners these little issues will get fixed.

Thanks for the info @BrentC . At least I know how it's supposed to work, lol.

Yes it definitely should be an option in the app and there is no reason why it can't be added. Maybe with the new owners these little issues will get fixed.
VZ? I doubt it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back