668D833C-99DF-4FBA-B3DC-914998044A53.jpeg
4979F4A4-CBEE-4D3D-91DE-A4CE4D738840.jpeg

you may have see the B&W UV images that are done using filters ets
These are a std canon eos
The items have been painted with Wildfire UV reactive paint
Lighting is twin UV 405 NM torches 5GBP from amazom
Normal lights, house, led and tungsten were turned off during the shoot
A STD round UV filter was used on the lens to cut the flare
I viewed , composed and focused via a tethered lap top turned so I was not looking at the UV or the reflection, I also used sun block on my hands and gloves as I have no idea on the safety aspects
Of using uv torches and decided to err on the side of caution

These are 'UV induced fluorescence' something I'm planning on trying soon, without the aid of the paint.
I have a modified flash which will put out a huge amount more UV than your torches. FWIW 405nm is just within the band usually classed as visible (UV is below 400nm)
Still the results you've got are interesting & you seem to have been taking suitable precautions against the hazards of UV. :clap:

The colors in the 1st are VERY cool.

Yes it’s border line uv torch designed to find pet urine. I can see the purple light emitted
My uv sun wrist band went into high uv get in shade when I shon the torch on it from 30 cm
The paint is disco uv reactive uv hits it and the paint emits light or so I am told
It’s called wildfire
The 1st image the teasels were air brush spray with a paint brush to just tip the ends with a different colour

I will try and post some IR night shots when I collect and download the camera
So far in the ALS alternative light source series
I have
IR
UV
And laser light painting, this has not worked as hoped as yet

The colors in the 1st are VERY cool.
Just wandering what some LAB manipulation would do? That would push them out of whack for "normal" but what is normal, concerning the manipulations so far?

@Original katomi - respecting your NOT OK to meddle with the images but guessing that something along the lines of the below manipulation across both A & B would push the whole surreal even farther. That would be cool to see.

upload_2019-9-27_14-43-56.png

I may Give that a try

Just to be on a safe side - I've showed an idea (anyone who read Margulis would know), your curves would be different depending on where you want to achieve the variability and explosion of color.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back