kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent some time wandering Old Portland.
I needed to offload some used beer.

TheLoo.jpg

InTheLoo.jpg

Lol.
I think the wet area in front of the toilet was coffee spilled some time before I used the facility.
Portland has these all over Old Portland.

I can hear Chief O'Hara now....... "Shoori twaz, laddie! Shoori twaz!"

More like: "A political solution to a social problem".

Buuuuttt.... That is why I'm not being hired to write signage for this site sculpture.

I hope it doesn't just dump into that storm drain.

It's good that you used flash to get that "quality and direction of light" thing to come through.

So Keith, you travel from landlocked, flatish, farmish Iowa ... to a little jewel of the Pacific Northwest, complete with harbor and ocean ... and you post a picture of a metal outhouse ... not that there is anything wrong with a metal outhouse, I was just expecting something a little more ... interesting. Not that a metal outhouse isn't interesting ...

Still looks better than the washroom @ a good looking gas/convenience stop we encountered on out trip home from Florida. The tissue dispenser had been pried open to get to the paper & the roll was smeared with $hit. No soap in the dispenser either. Totally disgusting.

I hope it doesn't just dump into that storm drain.
Probably not the main effluent, but I'm pretty sure the wash water goes into the SD when they hose out the outhouse.

If they hose out the outhouse.

Or even when it rains.

But see...This is supposedly way better than seeing homeless people squat on the street without a metal outhouse.

Not to mention these site sculptures have provided employment to lots of people.

So Keith, you travel from landlocked, flatish, farmish Iowa ... to a little jewel of the Pacific Northwest, complete with harbor and ocean ... and you post a picture of a metal outhouse ... not that there is anything wrong with a metal outhouse, I was just expecting something a little more ... interesting. Not that a metal outhouse isn't interesting ...
Gary, this is exactly what I would take pictures of. I've seen photographs of mountains, oceans, and trees, but a metal outhouse right on the sidewalk? Never.

That loo was indeed adjacent to the river at SW Ash St. & SW Naito Prkwy.
Google Maps
I had to wait on line to use the facility.
You bet I have photos from this trip to Oregon - seashore, rivers, mountains, lakes, etc.

The Willamette River about 200 feet from the loo.
PortlandRiverTrail.jpg

Most reactions

Back