Valley near Stanley, ID

brazilnutjr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a beautiful valley near Stanley, ID. Parts of the picture were a little drab, so I tweaked it in Photoshop. What do you think of the results? C&C appreciated. (I seem to have lost color when I selected "save for web" option from photoshop. Any way around this?)
4279239979_c6fe49b7d1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great photo.

About loosing colour, when saving for web, you are saving as an sRGB. If the original file is AdobeRGB, then you will loose some of the colour spectrum (sRGB has less actual colours than AdobeRGB).

nice shot of the Salmon River valley... not the most scenic part of Idaho, but close to some really nice places like Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, and the Sawtooths... i actually kinda like the overall tones of this, even though the colors are a little flat... that's what it looks like over there a lot of the time! it'd be pretty in spring, when things start to get green again, and maybe in winter, but just getting there in January can be problematic.

Thanks guys for the comments and tips! I went back to photoshop and re-tweaked it, changing the color profile to sRGB. Hopefully this took care of the "flat".
4282316789_71f090a5a2_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back