Valley of Enchantment

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
421-sawpit-2-v2-1gs.jpg

I preferred this shot in B&W because of the detail that could be brought out. Thanks for your thoughts.

your shot is like the movie blair witch project..

I would have prefered to see it in color to.

It just seems "messy" in b/w to me.

I believe you're not seeing the image for what it is, but rather what you want it to be. It's awkward for me to explain in words, in fact, that's why I prefer to express myself through photography.

This particular image was produced to provoke confusion, unrest and an anxiety/unwillingness to sort out and go beyond that which is inevitable. In this case, the underbrush and dead trees in order to investigate the intrigue of the forest beyond. To feel as if one must see what is in the forest, but the details of ~everything~ hamper a successful resolution.

The color being complex and varied, did nothing but confound the composition, which already, as you said, seems "messy". It was a very messy location. I didn't want to have to walk through that crap- yet I had to to get what I wanted, and it took me quite awhile to sort out the details along the way.

So, two for -I'd rather see something else-

Sounds like anxiety to me. All things considered, I believe I've expressed myself adequately with the photo.

Interesting side note: This place is actually called the Valley of Enchantment. That cracks me up.

your shot is like the movie blair witch project..

Sorry, I spent so much time replying, I missed this.

Thanks, and thanks for getting it!

It's awkward for me to explain in words, in fact, that's why I prefer to express myself through photography.

Hey, art is subjective. Who am I to say what's right. I was just pointing out how i would do it. And btw it does look like Blair Witch Project. :)

Hey, art is subjective. Who am I to say what's right. I was just pointing out how i would do it. ...

I see a lot of photos by others I think I would have done differently had I been there- Generally, due to the subjective nature of an image, I try to trust the photographer in presenting their vision or interpretation of a scene.

... And btw it does look like Blair Witch Project. :)

And that works for me. Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back