victim #2!

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys, just shot my 2nd victim - this time it was my sisters turn to 'play' bride for me while i got some bridal practice in... Some i was totally thrilled with, and others didn't quite get there.. (will post in the critique section later for some more advice)... here are some of my favourites... i admit i have a passion for close-ups and must start getting into more full body shots!!! Here they are anyway....Feel free to deflate my growing head :lol: if they dont do it for you! Looking forward to hearing your views xx thanks for looking xx

#1:heart:
krista1.jpg

#2:heart:
krista2.jpg

#3:heart:
krista4.jpg

#4 ... my favourite!:heart: :heart:
krista3.jpg

#5:heart:
krista5.jpg

#6:heart:
krista8.jpg

#7:heart:
krista9.jpg

#8:heart:
krista6.jpg

#9:heart:
krista7.jpg

Very beautiful! I need to find someone who doesn't mind dressing up in their wedding dress and getting all pretty for me to practice bridal shots. :lol:

ElectricHarmony said:
Hey I like your style for bridal portraits. Do you travel?:greenpbl:

Been thinking a lot lately about my 'signature style' and I'm thinking my style is to make the bride feel like a supermodel on her big day! plus the obvious in catching the emotion x - but i think every bride wants to look back on her wedding album and be able to say "I couldn't have looked any hotter!!! " xxx PS>>I'll travel tomorrow if your paying!:greenpbl: Thanks :heart:

Nice shots...I also quite like your style...its very glamorous in an Audrey Hepbrun way...

The only thing I think I would change is the amount of grain in some of the shots....don't get me wrong, I like a grainy shot...just not for weddings though as it tends to highlight skin imperfections... :) I'm not sure if we are allowed to edit each others shots here...or i would show you what I mean...

I bet your sister is happy that she agreed to pose for you!

Mindii said:
Nice shots...I also quite like your style...its very glamorous in an Audrey Hepbrun way...

The only thing I think I would change is the amount of grain in some of the shots....don't get me wrong, I like a grainy shot...just not for weddings though as it tends to highlight skin imperfections... :) I'm not sure if we are allowed to edit each others shots here...or i would show you what I mean...

I bet your sister is happy that she agreed to pose for you!

Yep - you're on the money - forgot to check my ISO which was previously set on 400 - i guess this is why i'm practicing!! Won't be doing that again was spewing when i discovered this boo-boo!!!!! Any way!:heart:

Well, I am a sucker for close-ups, too, so I really like your "wedding training studies" here (and your sister is a very, very pretty "bride"!).
Only do I find her eyes visibly oversharpened in the second photo, or is it MY eyes playing tricks on me here?

Also I am not entirely sure about the background (cushions and fence) in the third and fourth (your favourite) photo, though in the fourth it is less distracting than in the third.

Even though you chose that shaded verandah as your location, her dress is all blown out in Photo 5, I'm afraid, it's only just one big blob of white ... I think that should be observed the next time you do your "wedding-photo-training" ...

And my favourite is the high-key portrait, i.e. the last. I quite like that one.

(And even though I married twice - ehem - no one ever took photos of me like these, although my sister did her best to document the event on my second wedding - family boycotted the first - but as I am saying, hers was just a document, no specially arranged wedding photos - when I see these now I get all envious...)

thanks for your feedback everyone... made a few minor adjustments in ps - b&w conversions and some levels/curves adjustments plus i dodged the eyes a little too. yes, my poor little sister - ugly isn't she xx

La Foto...
[ Even though you chose that shaded verandah as your location, her dress is all blown out in Photo 5, I'm afraid, it's only just one big blob of white ... I think that should be observed the next time you do your "wedding-photo-training" ... ]
....what is the secret to avoiding the blown out dress - i haven't a clue... probably half the reason why i love close-ups cause once there is a body my shots are CRAP-ORDINARY..... please help!!!!!!! xx

What I have learned to do only very, very recently is how to DELIBERATELY underexpose my photos, since the light metre of my camera automatically metres the overall pic, egalizing things --- that often leads to the effect that bright things get overexposed. In a pic with underexposed parts it is much easier to later bring out what is still there (and there is more there than you would assume) than to bring back what has been blown out. Actually it is NOT possible to bring that back. What detail is gone is gone (but if it seems to be gone in "too dark" parts, it is still there).

Others can express things a lot better - and mind: I only learned about this here on TPF myself, too.

outstanding photos... i see what you like about #4... beautiful... the DOF is perfect... i love #9 too... i like b&w for wedding/bridal shots... you are much better than the girl that did my wedding... nice work. :thumbup:

I like this series. It's cool that your sister did that to help you out with practice. I don't think my mom would help me lol. I really like the last one.

These are beautiful, Im also loving # 4 and 9. She has some amazing eyes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back