View of Eccleshall church

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This view of the church is framed by its lych gate.

For more information go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Eccleshall%2C%20Staffs%2C%20Holy%20Tr.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I always appreciate people taking the time and trouble to offer views and suggestions. However, on this one I've got to disagree with you. I can see what you mean, but I would say the dominant verticals of the church tower and the sides of the lych gate outweigh most of the sense of tilting in the shot. I also feel that the brick paving and the bottom of the lych gate add important visual interest and focus to the foreground that is lost if it's cropped out. Take it away and the line of the path takes your eye straight to the church and makes the bottom of the shot contribute a lot less to the whole.

Tony

tb2 said:
Thanks for the comments. I always appreciate people taking the time and trouble to offer views and suggestions. However, on this one I've got to disagree with you. I can see what you mean, but I would say the dominant verticals of the church tower and the sides of the lych gate outweigh most of the sense of tilting in the shot. I also feel that the brick paving and the bottom of the lych gate add important visual interest and focus to the foreground that is lost if it's cropped out. Take it away and the line of the path takes your eye straight to the church and makes the bottom of the shot contribute a lot less to the whole.

Tony

It's a very nice shot...and I too like the exposure.

But I also agree with the others. Crop it. It does not look intended with the brick paving. If so, it should have featured more prominently.

nice shot tony, beautifully composed and exposed, i especially like the natural framing of the arch... usually i'm right on with everybody else, but i have to agree with you that a crop would diminish the overall quality of this shot, but that's just my opinion which really isn't worth much... ;) welcome to tpf... :thumbup:

I like how you framed the shot. I also agree with Woody. Just crop a bit off the bottom. Nice one.

Most reactions

Back