Virgin Suicides and The Aviator - puurty colours

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hmmm once again, another dilemna on where to put this thread. I guess it's still film related but it's 'cinema film' so it's not real film hence the off topic. ;-)

Anyway, I watched The Virgin Suicides and The Aviator the other week and I was just wondering if anyone noticed the groovy coloured effects they used in both those movies. Probably most definately in other movies but I just happened to rent both these movies at the same time and thought it was choice they both did the same thing.

I had an inkling it might have been some cool sort of colour infrared film that they used to make the colours go all funny. Like you know the scene where they're on the golf course in the aviator - that's exactly what I'm talking about. So does anyone know what it was?

I suppose I could've just gone on one of those silly cinema forums and asked them, but they're all so snobby over there they'd probably just laugh at me. :-(

Nah you just like to tease me on now don't ya. hehehe ;-)

Cool reading. But I don't think it's that simple desaturated look that some movies have. This was like full on colour shifting. Greens became purples, yet the people stayed their normal natural colour. It was really strange. So much, that I figured it must be done by computers.

Meysha said:
Nah you just like to tease me on now don't ya. hehehe ;-)
:greenpbl: :blushing:

Cool reading. But I don't think it's that simple desaturated look that some movies have. This was like full on colour shifting. Greens became purples, yet the people stayed their normal natural colour. It was really strange. So much, that I figured it must be done by computers.
I've never seen the films so that's the best I could do. :oops:

Most reactions

Back