Waiting for me to get the urge...

SteveEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...to get my spanners out and make her roadworthy again!

IMG_2923.jpg

do it! I've always liked OLD beetles. The new ones are chick cars, but the old ones are beauties.

amazing efficiently on those cars for their time period.

I just with the vw bus was more reliable, I would love one... alas

looks like it has potential

Hey Guys,

Yeah it has loads of potential, only a few minor patches of welding required, I can weld so its not a problem. A minor fix to the brakes and a new clutch should get her back on the road. New clutch means the engine has to come out, but thats easy too. I bought it in this state for £350 ($700), its tax exempt in the UK which saves me £130 a year running costs :)

I've also got a 1973 VW Bay Window camper van and a 1968 VW Crewcab.

THe Crewcab
crew2.jpg

The 73 camper
side.jpg

front.jpg

Which started out like this when I bought it
before2.jpg

before1.jpg

Lots of hard graft went into this as you can imagine, nearly every part replaced!
MONTY_004sm.jpg

monty_001.jpg

I'm Classic VW crazy :)

Aaaaaaah.... STEVE! Tis I! El Fick!

Mines resting until I have moved and have available coins to get started! (again :lol:)

547869347_a525d5f629.jpg

Hi Fick :)

Hows things mate :) Glad to see you've made it over onto this forum, its ace, I've picked up loads of good advice over the last year or so.

So its gone into hibernation over the winter months :) Those are splitty lights you've got on there arent they? Its a good like, I like it :)

I think its funny that nobody has commented on the photo, just the car :lol:

Hi Fick :)

Hows things mate :) Glad to see you've made it over onto this forum, its ace, I've picked up loads of good advice over the last year or so.

So its gone into hibernation over the winter months :) Those are splitty lights you've got on there arent they? Its a good like, I like it :)

I think its funny that nobody has commented on the photo, just the car :lol:

Not bad fella! Found somewhere to live with one day to spare before I was out on the street! :confused: Been reading the forum most of the morning. Will no doubt pick up plenty of stuff myself!

Yeh Splitty headlights, custom front panel... now in need of a new one. The hydraulics will need a service over the next few months as well, don't want it to flop on its belly cruising to any shows next year! :lol:

So a winter project you have there then? :mrgreen:

Hydraulics :) Nice.

I never planned on getting a beetle, it just kind of landed in my lap. Toyed with selling it on as I just havent got the urge yet! I'd rather concentrate on my crewie. Its about to go in to be resprayed, I'm going for Nissan sunset Orange (The metallic orange on the 350z), chrome wheels, bumpers etc, tinted windows. Also planning to build up the engine over the winter, at least with 1641 heads and barrels but I would also like to try and go beefier with a 1776 set up in mind. Just about to start reading up on building mini superchargers onto it too :D

So your in Taunton, We'll be down your way during the last week of this month. Going to pop into Monkey World (The misses has been nagging me to take her for ages) and then down into cornwall to visit a mate, not sure what part though.

So your in Taunton, We'll be down your way during the last week of this month. Going to pop into Monkey World (The misses has been nagging me to take her for ages) and then down into cornwall to visit a mate, not sure what part though.

Orange sounds superb! I have plans for my own.. :lol: One day! :lol:

pimped.jpg

Well if you are passing by it would be rude not to stop in for a coffee (bring me a monkey please). :mrgreen:

I'll bring you a monkey if you tell me what this FickNoster in German malarky is all about :)

I'll get one of the little ones like on the 1001 stain cleaner advert, you can train him to get you beer from the fridge :)

I'll bring you a monkey if you tell me what this FickNoster in German malarky is all about :)

I'll get one of the little ones like on the 1001 stain cleaner advert, you can train him to get you beer from the fridge :)

I believe Fick is a bit naughty. :lol:

Monkey Please.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back