Want to buy a book

Yep. Understanding Exposure is good. The rest of his (Peterson) books are good too. Check out Beyond Portraiture and Learning to see Creatively. Beyond Suttter Speed is also a good read.

If you are into Photoshop, the Layers book is good and the Kelby 7 Point System book is a good one.

not to thread jack, but I'm going to... what about a book on photographic composition?

Have you tried a book store. I hear they are starting open some of them in California these days. :mrgreen: The Borders here in my town doesn't charge shipping at all.

I've seen these so-called "book stores" you talk about, but they're about 40 minutes from my house. I also have a 2 and 3 yr old that I have to drag around with me. After paying the meter, unloading the stroller, walk the 1/4 mile to the store, deal with keeping the kids happy while trying to look through some books, stand in line, pay full price for the book, etc, etc...it's just not worth it. I remember a time in my life, though, when going to a book store was really fun and relaxing. I know that time will come back someday, but for now...there's Amazon!

Thank you all for the suggestions. Now I have to decide which to buy!;)

Most reactions

Back