Washington and Jefferson Monuments and Cherry Blossoms Part II

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got around to doing a few more of my Cherry Blossom pictures from around the Tidal Basin here in Washington DC. I really was amazed at the the sunrise on this morning, the colors of blues, pinks and oranges it went through were mind simple gorgeous.

I hope you enjoy these as much as the first set and if there is anything I could/can do to improve on them.

1. This is one of my favorites from that morning taken with my new Tokina 11-16 Wide Angle lens
ISO 100
f/11
8 Seconds
20140413 Tidal Basin 042 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

2.Earlier in the morning I was around looking at the Washington Monument and had a bit more of an chance to expose more of the cherry blossoms.
ISO 100
f/24
25 Seconds
20140412 Tidal Basin028 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

3. This one is just plain interesting to me. The muted color of the skies and how it compliments the cherry blossoms just gives me a feeling of calm.
ISO 100
f/11
13 Seconds
20140412 Tidal Basin029 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

4. And just to show you that there were Cherry Blossoms, here is one of the photos I took of them. Not so pink this year as last year as I think the cold/warm temperatures caused them to bloom faster then usual.
ISO 100
f/5.6
1/125
20140413 Tidal Basin 260 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

Very nice work!! I love the first one!

I love the first shot, I'd just adjust the hue of the green cast on the Jefferson Monument to look more yellow/white.

really impressive shots.

So great, these are beautiful shots.

I have a soft spot for long exposure night photos and bokeh so I like all of these. Well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back