Wasn't gonna say anything..............

If you need to talk with anyone, or just some virtual hugs, we're here for you.
*Big hugs*

This kind of crap can take a while to sink in. My father had a couple removed that were cancerous, but they hadn't spread. I hope that's the case for you. Go ahead and give yourself time for your head to stop buzzing, then you can call the doc and get more details.

Thinking of you Carolyn. Melanomas are very treatable.

Waiting's over, and you now know what's ahead. Try to focus on what you want to do the first weekend after your surgery. There will be one, you know. [And I still like the idea of a small Leica tattoo -- possibly a IIIf.]

Most sincere regards, Jim

Oh, Carolyn - I'm so sorry. It has to be shocking, because that's the kind of thing that happens to *other people*, and who wants to hang out with them, right? :)

But it's been found, it's on the one area, and it's going to be treated. I am very glad you went through getting them removed, otherwise you still wouldn't know - and now you can take care of it for good. :thumbup:

:hug:: We're all right here, anytime you need to vent.

terri said:
Oh, Carolyn - I'm so sorry. It has to be shocking, because that's the kind of thing that happens to *other people*, and who wants to hang out with them, right? :)

But it's been found, it's on the one area, and it's going to be treated. I am very glad you went through getting them removed, otherwise you still wouldn't know - and now you can take care of it for good. :thumbup:

:hug:: We're all right here, anytime you need to vent.

exactly! you can always PM me :)

:( That would suck. I would be kind of angry a doctor would call and us the word "melanoma" and not tell you they were talking about a kind of cancer! Thats rediculous. Best of luck and we're all here for ye!

EBphotography said:
:( That would suck. I would be kind of angry a doctor would call and us the word "melanoma" and not tell you they were talking about a kind of cancer! Thats rediculous. Best of luck and we're all here for ye!

I'm sure she already knew that melanoma was a type of cancer, so there would be no reason to be angry over something like that.

...and Carolyn....I'm the hug queen if you ever need one. :)

Okay... so what is the plan, stan? Have they talked to you about what you need
to do after they remove it?

Thanks everyone.....I'm doing good! Got some questions answered and I know what I'm up against. Hey, I'm a tough cookie and I will be just fine!!

The will have to do a sentinel lymph biopsy when they do the surgery to see if it has spread........Which this type of cancer has a tendency to do....via the blood stream or the lymphatic system. But I'm not worried! It is what it is and I will deal with it!

Thanks again everyone for the support!! Love ya!! : )

i don't know how i missed this thread, sorry to hear that you got a little bad news. I'm not worried, my mom went through this about 10-15 years ago... they got it all and she hasn't had a problem since. She just uses lots of sunblock and visits the dermatologist often...

thoughts and prayers from phoenix... ;)

JTHphoto said:
i don't know how i missed this thread, sorry to hear that you got a little bad news. I'm not worried, my mom went through this about 10-15 years ago... they got it all and she hasn't had a problem since. She just uses lots of sunblock and visits the dermatologist often...

thoughts and prayers from phoenix... ;)

Awwwww thanks Jason!!:D

Ok update................the surgeon's office just called and I have an appt. today at 3 o'clock for the consult. Worked out perfectly cuz we were going to the city anyway for the Lyle Lovett concert so we'll just have to leave a little earlier :thumbup: (it's an hour away)

photo gal said:
Awwwww thanks Jason!!:D

Ok update................the surgeon's office just called and I have an appt. today at 3 o'clock for the consult. Worked out perfectly cuz we were going to the city anyway for the Lyle Lovett concert so we'll just have to leave a little earlier :thumbup: (it's an hour away)
Great. You'll get some direction from the surgeon, and then you can relax and go have fun.

Let us know how it goes! :hug::

Notwithstanding all our science and technology and sophistication, the real world is still a mystical and magical place, PG.

Technically, all you are, here at my desk, is a series of pixels on my monitor -- just some dots on a screen. And yet, somehow, these dots have become a real person whose well-being is important to me. And I'm not alone in this. It's happened to several other Forum members, too.

You'll find some lovely examples of something similar in literature. If you haven't done so and if you get the chance, read St. Exupery's "The Little Prince." At the end of it, you'll find that you can really care about whether a sheep on, of all places, an asteroid, has or has not . . . well, you'll just have to read it to find out.

Thanks very much for the up-dates.

Most reactions

Back