Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
-deleted-

Last edited:
-deleted-

Last edited:
Wow! How the heck did you do that? That's pretty awesome dude :thumbup:

Oh yes. "Awesome" IS the word here. Please explain! What camera can do THIS?

Oh yes. "Awesome" IS the word here. Please explain! What camera can do THIS?

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D700
Image Date: 2010:06:28 15:24:51
Focal Length: 200.0mm (35mm equivalent: 200mm)
Aperture: f/16.0
Exposure Time: 1.200 s
ISO equiv: 200
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Flash
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB
Photographer: Dennis B Havel

And how many attempts did it take to get the droplet come up AND the bullet flying right through???

ummm... wow.

And how many attempts did it take to get the droplet come up AND the bullet flying right through???
Just one. I can do this first shot every time.

Aye though I'm thinking that you're using some sort of laser/sound trip to fire the shutter at just that moment. A sound trip though would have to be very well placed and setup so that it wouldn't trip when the airgun fires - so I'm thinking a laser trip set to fire when the cap breaks the beam with the laser being to the right of the drop and a distance set so that (taking into account delays as well as the speed of the cap) the cap is hitting the drop location as soon as the flash fires (shutter either in bulb mode or also tripping the shutter at the same time).

Tricky part I think would be firing the gun at the right moment to get the cap to hit - unless you get very extravagant that's a good bit of aiming and timing of shots

-deleted-

Last edited:
Hmm bulb mode then I assume - with either a totally dark room and flash being the only light or perhaps a custom built external shutter whilst the camera still runs in bulb mode (similar idea to the first only it allows one to work in a more lit environment).

Still interested in how you triggored the setup though -

-deleted-

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back