waterfalls of Niagara collection ( alot of photos)

osirus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Over the past few months ive been going on a hike or walk almost every saturday, most of them have been to different waterfalls around here.
There is many in the area 100+, the most well know is niagara falls obiviously.
but theres others that i find to be far nicer to visit :)

so heres a collection of pics from those hikes,

First off, we will do some shots of niagara falls.
if your gonna go to the falls.. go at sunrise, pretty, and theres no people at all till about 730am when the tourist busses start arriveing
DSC_1168.jpg

DSC_1109.jpg

DSC_1092.jpg

DSC_1056.jpg

DSC_1125_3_4.jpg

Then we will move to a move hidden waterfall, louth falls.

DSC_7928.jpg

DSC_7911.jpg

7 next is The Devils Punchbowl.
i belive this is the waterfall at the start of the movie Silent Hill

DSC_8060.jpg

Next we have Felkers Falls.
DSC_2677_9_6.jpg

someone at the bottom of those falls to give it some scale,
as they are alot bigger than they look in the pics.

DSC_2664-1.jpg

Decew upper falls

DSC_3585.jpg

DSC_3540.jpg

DSC_3569.jpg

The mill beside the falls

DSC_3535-1.jpg

DSC_3630.jpg

Decew lower falls
alos are alotbigger than they look here.
i fell down a hill, hurt my leg, and wrecked a good pair of pants.. (ripps and bloodstains) to get this pic.. lol

Untitled_Panorama1-2.jpg

Websters falls

DSC_3722.jpg

DSC_3740.jpg

also in the same area is Tews falls,
Its just a few feet shorter than Niagara falls.

tews.jpg

DSC_3813.jpg

me at the bottom of the falls
DSC_3810.jpg

The climb out and up the escarpment was very tough.. (one slip and you will prob be airlifted out.. or worse tough.)

but the view was nice

DSC_3853.jpg

DSC_3858-1.jpg

and to finish
good ol niagra falls again, this time at night

DSC_4203.jpg

DSC_4222.jpg

overexposed on purpose
looked neat

DSC_4246.jpg

jsut above the falls
DSC_4173.jpg

26 photos in one post ARE too many for people to comment.

But when looking through, I thought "I like" when I saw the photo with the kid...

Sorry, too many photos to look through to comment on (and to load on my PC).

Yeah, probably to many for most. Fortunately I have a decent computer and connection. And I must say, awesome! I am extremely jealous. I would love to have some falls to shoot. I've recently been shooting a bunch of covered bridges, and due to lack of rain in this part of the country... no water below!

Nice stuff... I like very much.

PS... watch your post sizes, people get upset.

thanks
yeah i thoguht it may be to many..
i was going to make a few posts.. then desided to do just one, so i didnt look like a spammer lol.

hmm, my pc isnt all that decent.. ( im running a geforce3 ti 200 (released in 2001).. lol) and the page loads for me in like 6 seconds.. so i thought it would be ok :p

but yeah not looking for any perticular CC,( i agree theres too many pics for that)
if you like any, or want to know where they are
feel free to comment or ask.

yeah theres a ton more waterfalls around here, although the weather isnt the best now to go hiking to them.
wet and slippery is not good for hiking down gorges.
and snow will be here soon, so most will have to wait till spring, although a few may look neat in the winter.

Beautiful images. Tough to pick a facve.

I have done the falls trip around there, and love it in the fall especially Grindstone, and Websters.
Just a quickie..how did you find your way to the bottom of Tews. Did you have to hike in from the south end?

These pictures are amazing. I like every one you posted. I do have a question for you though. Call me dumb but I went to niagara falls about 2 months ago and I didn't see any of those other waterfalls what so ever! Are they all right around the same area as Niagara falls in clifton hill? Im so upset right now that i didn't see any of those other falls. Those are really nice pictures and would love to go back up there and take some at those spots.

Beautiful images. Tough to pick a facve.

I have done the falls trip around there, and love it in the fall especially Grindstone, and Websters.
Just a quickie..how did you find your way to the bottom of Tews. Did you have to hike in from the south end?

I went down the stairs at websters falls.
hiked along the creek there until the creek from Tews joined it.
only problem is the trail is on the wrong side..
and we couldnt find anywhere to cross.

So. off came the socks and shoes.. rolled the pants up and waded across..
and lemme tell you, med/late october .. the water is quite cold!
after a min your feet were numb so it was alright haha.
then the trail from there to Tews is a lil rough, not really marked.

but was worth it, the waterfall is MUCH more impressive from the bottom that it was from the top.

Theres also a way down ( the way we came up) along the left side of the gorge(looking from the falls) between the falls viewing platform, and the viewing platform further down.
there should be a trail comming off the main one going near the edge, it may be hard to see.

But..I wouldnt recomend it as its Very dagerous.
i dont know if i would try to go down there..
getting up was really dificult, you are basically trusting trees and tree roots with your life..
halfway up i was thinking to myself. "what the hell am i doing"
a waterbottle fell out of my pocket in my hoodie, and we sat there and watched it tumbe down the hill for about 15 seconds. then could hear it hitting rocks and trees for another 10 or so seconds..
took a good half hour or more to climb out.
if i was there again id hike all the way back to websters falls to climb out.

These pictures are amazing. I like every one you posted. I do have a question for you though. Call me dumb but I went to niagara falls about 2 months ago and I didn't see any of those other waterfalls what so ever! Are they all right around the same area as Niagara falls in clifton hill? Im so upset right now that i didn't see any of those other falls. Those are really nice pictures and would love to go back up there and take some at those spots.

there all in the niagara region.
closest would probably be Decew falls,
which is prob a 10 min drive from niagarafalls
rockway and swayze falls (which i didnt post pics of..) are about 15 mins away.
louth is probably 25 mins away ( and very hidden, a lil trail off a side road)
devils punchbowl and felkers about 35 mins from niagara falls.
and tews and sherman falls are about a 40 min drive from niagara falls.
That area in hamilton/dudas has alot of waterfalls, ( about 100 if my thinking is correct)

And thanks for the comments

I went down the stairs at websters falls.
hiked along the creek there until the creek from Tews joined it.
only problem is the trail is on the wrong side..
and we couldnt find anywhere to cross.

Cool, thanks for the tips.

So. off came the socks and shoes.. rolled the pants up and waded across..
and lemme tell you, med/late october .. the water is quite cold!
after a min your feet were numb so it was alright haha.
then the trail from there to Tews is a lil rough, not really marked.

but was worth it, the waterfall is MUCH more impressive from the bottom that it was from the top.

Theres also a way down ( the way we came up) along the left side of the gorge(looking from the falls) between the falls viewing platform, and the viewing platform further down.
there should be a trail comming off the main one going near the edge, it may be hard to see.

I have only shot from those two platforms there, and the angle sure makes the falls look small. I considered that trip down the side, but it was pretty slippery at the time.
The other one I would like to get is I think it is called Bores falls. It is slightly off the road near Rock Chapel road. Tough to shoot from the top, but lookin over the edge, looks pretty sweet from the bottom.
But..I wouldnt recomend it as its Very dagerous.
i dont know if i would try to go down there..
getting up was really dificult, you are basically trusting trees and tree roots with your life..
halfway up i was thinking to myself. "what the hell am i doing"
a waterbottle fell out of my pocket in my hoodie, and we sat there and watched it tumbe down the hill for about 15 seconds. then could hear it hitting rocks and trees for another 10 or so seconds..
took a good half hour or more to climb out.
if i was there again id hike all the way back to websters falls to climb out.

And thanks for the comments

Thanks again for the info. Will wait till the weather is nice in the spring, and here is a lot of run off, before I head back out.

I love them all! You're lucky to have so many great places around you. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back