Waterlilies

Emily91183

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mlewallpapers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been able to decide whether this wallpaper is out of focus or not for a long time, so maybe you guys can help. I love the colors and the subject, I'm just not crazy about the final product.

35.jpg

Full version at: http://www.mlewallpapers.com/view.php/id/35.html

I'm sorry I've been giving such small images - I'm going to try to work with my husband, who does the website stuff, to let me get at some version of my wallpapers that's between thumbnail size and full size.

My husband set up a way for me to get bigger versions last night - so here's a bigger version. Is this good, or is there something ever so slightly wrong?

35.jpg

It does look a little soft. Diagnosing the problem would take some more info though. Camera/lens/aperture/shutter speed/ISO etc. Do you sharpen images as part of your workflow? Perhaps some sharpening might help, but it might also bring out some of the noise.

I laughed when I first read your reply. I'm sorry.

I haven't really put money into photography yet. I believe that picture was taken with my husband's Canon Exilim EX-S500. I now have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3, but I haven't been back to Brookside Gardens since.

I don't believe I've tried sharpening on this photo. Usually when I process a picture for my wallpaper website I just do cropping and color fixing. I'll try the sharpening. If that doesn't work, do you think it's bad enough to take down? I've had it on my computer and as I said, I'm not crazy about it.

do you think it's bad enough to take down? I've had it on my computer and as I said, I'm not crazy about it.
Only you can make that decision. It's a nice enough image...but it just isn't as sharp (or noise free) as you would like.

I couldn't get the sharpening to look natural, but I tried something else that I thought was interesting. The (free) program that I use has an oil painting effect - that on top of the over-sharpened picture looked pretty cool, I thought.

192.jpg

I couldn't get the sharpening to look natural
Coming from a point & shoot, it's has some noise and has probably been sharpened by the camera already...so more sharpening probably won't help much.

The (free) program that I use has an oil painting effect - that on top of the over-sharpened picture looked pretty cool, I thought.
That's quite creative of you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back