Waterscape: Can we please edit this.?

Jasii

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can we please edit this? Edit this like they say: 'to our heart's content'. Made this yesterday on one of my very long drive. I know, just know, there is potential in this shot, but being a moron in post-processing and knowing nothing of PS/LR et all..... would like to seek help from all you swell guys here.
Ps. SOOC image posted in comments below.
IMG_0639 crop by jasiiboss, on Flickr

Last edited:
Probably the biggest issue, editing-wise, is the white balance.

cascade.jpg

Yep! I did try and remove the greenish hue left behind by the cheapo GND, but I guess Photoscape the only program I know did not do a thorough job. Can I request you to wield the baton please? :)
Jasii

Was this already cropped, it would be best to see the full image and the file on Flickr is also of low resolution.
There is a lot of water in the foreground and not sure if that is super interesting. Then there are the columns of some structure, just enough to be distracting, then a guy on a bridge stuck up against the edge of the image.
The lighting seems to be almost from directly above so there are not many shadows to work with in post to give more depth to the image.
OK, Ysarex addressed some of those issues in his edit.

Nope No cropping done on the image.
The vantage was deep down a cliff and conditions very overcast with just the light percolating from the above.
Agree about your observations re. the distractions.
Give me some time to have access to a better connectivity option and shall upload the original.

Yes, the overcast light also takes away all the shadows.

Tone mapping does not work well as its a wee bit over sharp to start with:
water_take_2.jpg

It's always interesting to see how people edit things differently…
Rocks-2.jpg

OK another few attempts. The colour cast on this is quite severe but getting rid of the green is making it a bit washed out.
water_take_3.jpg

water_take_4.jpg

water_take_5.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back